Re: Southend facing another tough week

papajohn wrote:I had an unexpected call to my mobile earlier today from a man purporting to be from HMRC saying my account was under investigation for fraud and all I had to do was........at this point I instructed him to go and f*** himself before hanging up.
Tactic for Southend maybe?
You shouldn't have hung up. Believe me you can have so much fun with those f@ckers. Believe me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
papajohn wrote:I had an unexpected call to my mobile earlier today from a man purporting to be from HMRC saying my account was under investigation for fraud and all I had to do was........at this point I instructed him to go and f*** himself before hanging up.
Tactic for Southend maybe?
You shouldn't have hung up. Believe me you can have so much fun with those f@ckers. Believe me.

Yep had one few weeks back I told them I had to get a pen so I put kettle on kept going back to phone saying just a minute still looking did this for about 5 minutes then with my cuppa listening to what they where saying asked them to repeat pretending I couldn't hear and put phone on table shouting out to the Mrs who wasn't there to come and hear what they where saying took a few more minutes then told them to fook off the sigh was brilliant

Back to the topic, it's a shame that so many clubs are facing the same sort of problems. Bury, Macclesfield etc...

No-one seems to learn anything, not the clubs, the EFL or the FA. Unfortunately it affects people's lives (both supporters and local businesses) as well as the wider football community.

Jim said it before, competition payments should be different, staggered or post-seasons rather than all at the beginning.