Amond
Total votes: 14 (29%)
Ellison (No votes)
Willmott (No votes)
Abrahams
Total votes: 4 (8%)
Total votes: 48

Re: Man of the Match Colchester home

A sign of how well County are doing. Both last week and yesterday I was working which means that I'm not home until about 19.45. Last week v Stevenage I felt I couldn't justify £10 to see half a match. Last night I felt I couldn't justify not watching the second half of a match.

So based on the second half alone my vote goes for Shepherd who is consistently good every game (like a few others). But Twine is some player...

Just one last night that maybe didn't.
Labs is becoming a liability with automatic yellow cards and Flynny having to change midfield rather than risk a red.
Thought apart from their goal Nick was superb again. Great save also nobody has mentioned yet.
Pleased to see its not just myself admiring Shephards contributions to the side.
Robbie can only hope to get in via an injury these days.

With Labadie I think we have to weigh up the balance of his ability to disrupt the opposition against the inevitable suspension. So far, no red card has come his way and it seems like Bennett is an ideal substitute in that role when needed. Without crowds, there is less chance of fans influencing the referee at away matches. It was interesting to see that Harry Pell last night seemed to have the job description of 'complainer in chief'. He wasn't very good at all.

excessbee wrote:With Labadie I think we have to weigh up the balance of his ability to disrupt the opposition against the inevitable suspension. So far, no red card has come his way and it seems like Bennett is an ideal substitute in that role when needed.
Spot on. He is doing a different role to previous seasons as Twine and Sheehan seem more attacking. His work, off the ball, is immense and, although he always seems to have a yellow card in him, we seem a better team with him playing.

Difficult to choose as everyone had a good game. Gone for Podge as I thought it was his best all-round game for some time but Haynes, Dolan, Shephard, Twine, Abrahams in particular were all superb. Have to say I don't get the downer some have on Labadie - he was everywhere last night, breaking up play, interceptions, doing the dirty work and getting the creative players on the ball. Bookings in that role are pretty much inevitable but we are definitely a better team with him in it.
Strength from the bench is a massive difference for us this season.

Willthiswork wrote:
excessbee wrote:With Labadie I think we have to weigh up the balance of his ability to disrupt the opposition against the inevitable suspension. So far, no red card has come his way and it seems like Bennett is an ideal substitute in that role when needed.
Spot on. He is doing a different role to previous seasons as Twine and Sheehan seem more attacking. His work, off the ball, is immense and, although he always seems to have a yellow card in him, we seem a better team with him playing.
Totally agree. However, I think it's more noticeable that opposition players this season have cottoned on to Labs, how important he is to us, how he plays and are berating the ref at every opportunity. Can't blame them, that's football and we do the same. Hopefully Labs has noticed and can temper his game accordingly.
As others have stated Labadie is instrumental in our success. Every team needs a Labadie, particularly in EFL2. Our league discipline this season is good, we sit 6th best in the Fairplay table with 11 yellows (Labs has 3, Sheehan/Cooper 2, Bennett/Howkins/Abrahams/Haynes 1). In the league games we've played so far our opponents have picked up 16 yellows and 1 red. We are committing on average 11.1 fouls per game compared to receiving 15.6 from our opponents.
Other league only stats (BBC source):
50.55% possession v 49.45%. Only games we have had less possession were Bolton A and Bradford A.
15.4 av shots v 9.6. Only Cambridge A and Stevenage A have had more shots than us.
5.2 av shots on target v 3. Only Scunthorpe A and Cambridge A have had more shots on target.
6 av corners v 2.4. We've had more corners than each opponent so far.

[quote="Frank Nouble 3"]Just one last night that maybe didn't.
Labs is becoming a liability with automatic yellow cards and Flynny having to change

You obviously haven't been involved in football at a decent level then

Part of Labs nature is to wind opo players up and get the ref decived and he does a good job of it remember couple games back he had a player sent off

Its not perhaps ethical but its professional and his yellows 90 percent are worth it

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just one last night that maybe didn't.
Labs is becoming a liability with automatic yellow cards and Flynny having to change

Part of Labs nature is to wind opo players up and get the ref decived and he does a good job of it remember couple games back he had a player sent off

Its not perhaps ethical but its professional and his yellows 90 percent are worth it
Get you!!

Do apologise as didn't realise only those involved in football at a decent level are allowed opinions on this forum. :roll:
It will be a liability when he gets his first automatic suspension and maybe one or 2 other midfielders are possibly injured at same time.
Bound to get a Red before long unless Flynny keeps pulling him off early every game.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just one last night that maybe didn't.

Get you!!

Do apologise as didn't realise only those involved in football at a decent level are allowed opinions on this forum. :roll:
It will be a liability when he gets his first automatic suspension and maybe one or 2 other midfielders are possibly injured at same time.
Bound to get a Red before long unless Flynny keeps pulling him off early every game.
If you keep up hes already had a suspension this season