Re: One less game at RP

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Only for now, until the game is rearranged. Shame we don't appear to have any idea how long the Blues will be continuing to play at RP and inevitably causing wear and tear to the pitch.
That's the problem. It's not our pitch. We hire it out. Hobson's choice. The WRU are quite entitled to hire out their stadium to whomever they please. And if we don't like it, we just have to suck it up.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Only for now, until the game is rearranged. Shame we don't appear to have any idea how long the Blues will be continuing to play at RP and inevitably causing wear and tear to the pitch.
That's the problem. It's not our pitch. We hire it out. Hobson's choice. The WRU are quite entitled to hire out their stadium to whomever they please. And if we don't like it, we just have to suck it up.
This is due to the knock on affect of the use of the Millennium Stadium as a hospital, so on this occasion it's sensible use of their resource. As Newport RFC are not playing it's also not additional use.

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
This is due to the knock on affect of the use of the Millennium Stadium as a hospital, so on this occasion it's sensible use of their resource. As Newport RFC are not playing it's also not additional use.
Agreed, and overall it's had less use that the same time last year, and if my memory serves me well the weather hasn't been as wet as last year; but it still irritates me greatly that the Blues are playing on it instead of using suitable alternatives within there own region.