Re: New midfielders

daftasfxxx wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:MF will need to sign two new midfield players in January as Twine and Sheehan won't be with us at the end of the transfer window.
Twine will be recalled by Swindon and a Championship side will sign Sheehan for £150k+ with add ons

Been told who is seriously considering a bid but been asked to keep it under wraps
Quite right too. Still I'm sure he will be happy to be staying in Wales
Wrexham it is then

:lol:

I think what money County get for Sheehan is largely immaterial.

The cup exploits of recent years have raised the profile of the club and I think the fact that Bristol City are consistently loaning the club some of their promising youngsters over the past few seasons suggest that County have a reputation for developing (other clubs) talent.

The decent football being played this season by County will also help because I believe players want to play attractive football and fans want to see it. Admittedly players will accept playing long ball nonsense if it brings success because money is often a greater motivator than beauty.

It's hard not to be positive about the general direction that County are travelling in. Recent years has seen frankly poor recruitment, this season all players brought in appear to be very astute signings. What is happening to County? If these touted departures are replaced by Academy players then I'm likely to have my mind well and truly blown.

Can we just stop it. I'm a Newportonian (or Townie locally) and us Newportonians really like to moan. Our football club is a great source for a good moan. This season has been pretty difficult to find a reason for a moan (luckily we still have Robbie Willmott, so moans are not extinct). As much as I'm loving the football, the results, the never-say-die attitude of the team, the recruitment, I feel I'm either losing my mind (is this real or all just a dream) or my football team because this season they seem alien to me.

Please can I have something to moan about...

wattsville_boy wrote:I think what money County get for Sheehan is largely immaterial.

The cup exploits of recent years have raised the profile of the club and I think the fact that Bristol City are consistently loaning the club some of their promising youngsters over the past few seasons suggest that County have a reputation for developing (other clubs) talent.

The decent football being played this season by County will also help because I believe players want to play attractive football and fans want to see it. Admittedly players will accept playing long ball nonsense if it brings success because money is often a greater motivator than beauty.

It's hard not to be positive about the general direction that County are travelling in. Recent years has seen frankly poor recruitment, this season all players brought in appear to be very astute signings. What is happening to County? If these touted departures are replaced by Academy players then I'm likely to have my mind well and truly blown.

Can we just stop it. I'm a Newportonian (or Townie locally) and us Newportonians really like to moan. Our football club is a great source for a good moan. This season has been pretty difficult to find a reason for a moan (luckily we still have Robbie Willmott, so moans are not extinct). As much as I'm loving the football, the results, the never-say-die attitude of the team, the recruitment, I feel I'm either losing my mind (is this real or all just a dream) or my football team because this season they seem alien to me.

Please can I have something to moan about...

moan about nothing to moan about ?? :lol:

I moaned a lot last year about the football because we had justification to do so.
Results were crap , the football was hoof and hope and certain players were getting wrongfully praised for what they did in previous games not week in week out.
Now we are playing good football certain players are being found wanting and getting very little game time because of it because we have better players . When they have played their game hasnt been up to a good enough standard to warrant their inclusion in the starting 11.
It was down the the pitch at RP to a certain extent but we were still poor away from home on GOOD surfaces so that didnt help the argument some had