Re: Next Bristol Rovers Manager

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Countymax wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Whether Flynn makes it known he is interested in the Gas job will be a difficult decision for him I reckon.
On the one hand there aren't many other football league clubs in South Wales / South West that Flynn can commute to, which would according to rumours seem to be a consideration for him and his family. Rovers is a bigger club playing in a higher division with realistic ambitions of reaching the Championship. Salary increase too no doubt.
On the flip side he is a firm fans favourite at County and currently sits top of EFL2, no mean achievement. Reported to be on a tidy salary and developing a new football philosophy this season, which is far more attractive to any potential suitors further up the pyramid. However, that said I get the feeling that Flynn is still considered to be a manager who favours a physical and hoofball style. Sitting put this season and getting promotion with County would I feel help rid him of that reputation and open up more opportunities to him from bigger clubs than Rovers. But money and ambition talk and Flynn is no different to the rest of us.
At the end of the day, should Flynn move on our BODs will have to negotiate a compensation settlement for Flynn's services with Rovers or whoever. I would like to think that currently with 19 months left on Flynn's contract that equates to a decent wedge of cash. Something Rovers wouldn't need to expend on the likes of Tisdale.
Lots of fair points. I felt Swindon would have been a bigger threat to us losing MF than Rovers though. I think Tisdale will end up at Rovers and hopefully take them down for some spicy away days!
Unless we move in the opposite direction :lol:
Ha, yeh good point!!