Wrexham takeover

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Wrexham takeover

Postby countymadbel » November 16th, 2020, 3:18 pm

See it's got through. Wrexham fans wetting themselves with excitement but really 2 million will that be enough. Seriously think they will need to spend big a to pay off management and b get new better players. Only time will tell but would you be happy if they took county over? I'm not so sure about them, just think it's a publicity stunt myself.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby rncfc » November 16th, 2020, 5:31 pm

The rumour I've heard is that the owners want Champions League football to publicise a future film. The quickest way of achieving that will be league of Wales. Watch this space.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 16th, 2020, 5:38 pm

rncfc wrote:The rumour I've heard is that the owners want Champions League football to publicise a future film. The quickest way of achieving that will be league of Wales. Watch this space.


If it were true would it not make more sense for the new owners to have bought a League of Wales club?
no avatar
User

Special branch

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby Special branch » November 16th, 2020, 6:15 pm

Wrexham will not be joining the LOW. They have the same ambition as we had in 1989.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby mad norm » November 16th, 2020, 6:29 pm

On Twitter the new owners are trying to flog horse boxes and trailers to the fans
All a bit odd.
Also Woking have a couple of American entrepreneur on board now...Sound familiar?
no avatar
User

DT1892

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby DT1892 » November 16th, 2020, 7:24 pm

mad norm wrote:On Twitter the new owners are trying to flog horse boxes and trailers to the fans
All a bit odd.

Also Woking have a couple of American entrepreneur on board now...Sound familiar?


It's the club's shirt sponsor.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby excessbee » November 16th, 2020, 7:30 pm

Are you sure they're not flogging a dead horse? :wink:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby Exile 1976 » November 16th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Reading and listening to my Wrexham supporting mate talk about it, I have to say it sounds excellent for the club.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby whoareya » November 17th, 2020, 7:48 am

Exile 1976 wrote:Reading and listening to my Wrexham supporting mate talk about it, I have to say it sounds excellent for the club.


I agree, I'd think that if the opportunity had come our way, we as Trust members would have voted overwhelmingly in favour as they did.

Seeing the recent footage of The Racecourse stadium also shows how big their ground is - with two huge terraces that are ripe for redevelopment if their plans are successful.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby Willthiswork » November 17th, 2020, 8:24 am

whoareya wrote:Seeing the recent footage of The Racecourse stadium also shows how big their ground is - with two huge terraces that are ripe for redevelopment if their plans are successful.


It's not their ground tho' is it - it's just on lease to them?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby excessbee » November 17th, 2020, 8:39 am

I think their condemned terrace behind the goal, which has been out of use for how long, twelve/fifteen years? is no longer repairable and would have to be demolished and replaced. That alone would take up all of the suggested take over money. It won't be an instant priority. The Racecourse has ample capacity for League football as a three sided ground.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby faerun exile » November 17th, 2020, 9:11 am

Same level of investment we enjoyed with Lotto. I’m sure the Gogs will be more than happy if it’s all used to get back into the EFL. Once there I don’t see Wrexham struggling, decent size club with good support.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby excessbee » November 17th, 2020, 9:25 am

Yes, spent on the team and picking the right manager would be the obvious way forward. Forget about the ground. If they got themselves back into the Football League they would have to be extremely careless to lose that status. Mind you, we came very close.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby faerun exile » November 17th, 2020, 11:03 am

Willthiswork wrote:
whoareya wrote:Seeing the recent footage of The Racecourse stadium also shows how big their ground is - with two huge terraces that are ripe for redevelopment if their plans are successful.


It's not their ground tho' is it - it's just on lease to them?

As good as with a 99 year lease in place.
no avatar
User

halfmoon

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby halfmoon » November 17th, 2020, 3:08 pm

I think clubs are mad to give up fan ownership once they’ve achieved it. It carries far more risk than reward. I’d see the same if we were in that position. I’m surprised they’ve gotten so starstruck - the level of giddiness on social media about it is a bit naive
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stan A. Einstein, wattsville_boy

Powered by phpBB ®