Wrexham takeover

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

PortandSud

Re: Wrexham takeover

Postby PortandSud » November 17th, 2020, 8:23 pm

BBC news reported that they sold over 400 shirts today after the announcement, they will get their money back in no time.
Their world wide fan base is going to expand dramatically with middle aged women and their disposable incomes.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » November 17th, 2020, 11:07 pm

I find it all totally bizarre
Did one of these"Celebs" wake up one morning and say " Let's own a football club"
I suppose we could put an advert in the New York Times ....Investment opportunity South Wales.....Please build us a stadium....you can have a few free shirts if that'd help
Weird
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » November 18th, 2020, 8:21 am

I hope the supporters have first refusal to buy it back if/when they get bored or fall out with each other.
User

Caerleon Exile

Glan Llyn

Postby Caerleon Exile » November 18th, 2020, 9:01 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I hope the supporters have first refusal to buy it back if/when they get bored or fall out with each other.

Apparently they have said they will do this. If it was the County I would've personally liked the trust to hold on to a stake, even if it was just 10% for a say on the BoD.

Good luck to them I say. A real club with plenty of history. Would take this happening to 100 Wrexham's over bum sides like FGR, Salford, Fleetwood etc.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » November 18th, 2020, 11:21 am

Maybe we should ask Sir Tom to take over the County. He was our president about 50 years ago. I'm sure he could stump up two million.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » November 18th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Blackandamber wrote:Maybe we should ask Sir Tom to take over the County. He was our president about 50 years ago. I'm sure he could stump up two million.

Get him to join the Trust!
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Postby llanwern exile » November 18th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Blackandamber wrote:Maybe we should ask Sir Tom to take over the County. He was our president about 50 years ago. I'm sure he could stump up two million.

And maybe he could convince wil-i-am and olly murs to join him. 8)
no avatar
User

Special branch

Postby Special branch » November 18th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Tom Jones did precious little to help last time: he was probably too busy picking up the knickers thrown at his car when he took his driving test. Still these days its not unusual for big stars to identify with the green green--------
Previous