Re: Grandstand. County v Port Vale

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Let me remind you again who is our top goal scorer this season
Being our main striker he should be.
Remind me of those tap ins and odd penalty.
3 league goals in total from our striker.
A decent league 2 striker which we do not posses would have scored double that or more.
Before you mention players, none fit the bill of an out and out striker.
Podge has been a great player for us but I can see his best days are now sadly behind him. did literally nothing when he came on yesterday.
Proctor and possibly Taylor will lead the line well but apart we have nothing to shout about up front.
Been like that for all last season also due to crap pitch and crap tactics albeit now 100% changed.
Great defence, tidy midfield, holding play up front okay, out and out strikers wanting.
The early season goals are masking what are week in week out disappointing and ineffective performances - he has pace but yesterday had no idea how to link up and make himself available for Proctor who was holding the ball up well. At the moment have we any pace without him? This alone may be keeping him in the starting line up.
We can see this year the benefit of a player who knows how to make himself available for team mates to play to in both Dolan and Sheehan they both help our defence look very good by being available - Abrahams needs to work a lot on this he can’t live off a few tap ins all season.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
A decent league 2 striker which we do not posses would have scored double that or more.
Podge has been a great player for us but I can see his best days are now sadly behind him. did literally nothing when he came on yesterday.
Proctor and possibly Taylor will lead the line well but apart we have nothing to shout about up front.
Been like that for all last season also due to crap pitch and crap tactics albeit now 100% changed.
Great defence, tidy midfield, holding play up front okay, out and out strikers wanting.[/quote

Here are some points to remember regarding Tristan:-

He is 21.
He has played 89 first team games.
He has scored 13 first team goals.
He is still learning.
He has Podge & "SuperSub" to learn off.
He causes defences headaches by drawing them out of position and by being unpredictable.
If he scores tap-ins, who cares? How many "wordies" do number 9's score anyway.....

County Exile wrote:This clip on facebook includes the goal from a different camera angle

I know this is vey silly but they do it to us and it's part of the game but not only is the different angle giving a much better idea of the goal but includes the walk back of the utterly p!ssed off Vale defenders. I really enjoyed that, and will make a point of accepting with grace the inevitable taunts we will get when we lose in the 96th minute.

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Great defence, tidy midfield, holding play up front okay, out and out strikers wanting.[/quote

He is 21.
He is still learning.
He causes defences headaches by drawing them out of position and by being unpredictable.
If he scores tap-ins, who cares? How many "wordies" do number 9's score anyway.....
21? so what.
After 89 league games maybe you would know if he was going to make it.
No idea why you mention Podge and Kevin as every club has senior players albeit neither are coaching the lads.
unpredictable - spot on.
3 tap ins in 10 games!
Opinions but until he proves different I will stick to my previous comments.
Madness taking Proctor off and keeping him on but we still got the win
Top of table superb, yet 24 players have scored 4 or more in our league including Defenders and Midfielders.
Scott Twine has 3 also.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on November 22nd, 2020, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

He is 21.
He is still learning.
21? so what.
After 89 league games maybe you would know if he was going to make it.
No idea why you mention Podge and Kevin as every club has senior players albeit neither are coaching the lads.
unpredictable - spot on.
3 tap ins in 10 games!
Opinions but until he proves different I will stick to my previous comments.
Madness taking Proctor off and keeping him on but we still got the win
Top of table superb, yet 24 players have scored 4 or more in our league including Defenders and Midfielders.
Scott Twine has 3 also.

21. Still young.
Can you name a 21 year old striker who bangs them in every match?
How many "worldies" did Ian Rush, Lineker, to name a couple, score in their career
I mentioned Podge & Ellison because they are senior and experienced strikers currently at our club.
Nice to see other players grab a few goals this season, which we didn't have recently, and not rely on a player or two to score.
Another point, do the strikers receive the ball in a scoring position every time?
Flynn said Procter was tiring so put on a sub for him.