Re: Letter to Mark Drakeford

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Went to Cardiff Sunday / Monday Christmas shopping it was manic everywhere. But that's ok but we can't social distancing allowed go to football.
Its not okay though but the majority couldn't care less.
These clowns in charge are now closing all secondary schools tomorrow so the kids can isolate for Xmas.
Total farce as most will just be out with their mates regardless.

Aldis this afternoon.
No hand gel, no spray told lad on the till but he couldn't find any gel available.
Rammed.
Cases still climbing also.
So lets all go and watch a game of footie.
Most of the recent spikes have come from schools. They're a lot safer outside in a group of mates, than 30+ packed into a classroom. They should've been moved to home/online learning this week.
Sorry but like I stated these clowns rational is that all the secondary school children will now stay home and isolate so that they can then enjoy Xmas, not that as they will just go out, into each others homes etc.
Rules are changing it seems every few days and being made on a whim it seems.
Anyway to even think about spectators at RP is just totally nuts.
And as a teacher in a school with a number of year groups at home isolating at the moment, they will be far safer out than in school. Even if they are round their mates house.

Whether Stan agrees or not, Gavin Foxhall as chairman of our football club, just wants a level playing field with the rest of the teams in our league. It really is that simple. So signing a letter with his counterparts in other Welsh teams (& sports) is only to be expected. In fact, I’d be surprised if he hadn’t.

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Went to Cardiff Sunday / Monday Christmas shopping it was manic everywhere. But that's ok but we can't social distancing allowed go to football.
These clowns in charge are now closing all secondary schools tomorrow so the kids can isolate for Xmas.

Aldis this afternoon.
No hand gel, no spray told lad on the till but he couldn't find any gel available.
Rammed.
Most of the recent spikes have come from schools. They're a lot safer outside in a group of mates, than 30+ packed into a classroom. They should've been moved to home/online learning this week.
Sorry but like I stated these clowns rational is that all the secondary school children will now stay home and isolate so that they can then enjoy Xmas, not that as they will just go out, into each others homes etc.
And as a teacher in a school with a number of year groups at home isolating at the moment, they will be far safer out than in school. Even if they are round their mates house.
Parents in work so grandparents keeping an eye on them.
Expendable of course.
Its not the kids who are in danger.
For a teacher. do you not realise that? :roll:
Find that extraordinary

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Aldis this afternoon.
Rammed.
You are obviously worried about the current situation Harps yet,you went into Aldi’s,which is dingy,with narrow aisles at the best of times.You said it was rammed so,you should have not gone in and ordered online to protect you and your loved ones.If going to a football match outdoors is unsafe then Alidi’s is certainly a no go.

Aside: Our nearest Aldi opened last week after a refit. The aisles are a heck of a lot wider than before.

The return of football fans would be making a bold "life is returning to normal" statement that I don't believe the WA wishes to make for fear of the inevitable consequences.

Having 30 kids in a classroom never made any sense from a COVID containment point of view. In that respect teachers were thrown under the bus by politicians.

I've generally been supportive of the WA measures, though given the firebreak hasn't had the desired effect then presumably the WA overestimated the public's capacity to cope in lockdown.

I'm one of the lucky ones, as overall I'd say lockdown has enhanced my little life. Though as they say "We're not all in the same boat. We're just in the same storm".

Dogger wrote:Whether Stan agrees or not, Gavin Foxhall as chairman of our football club, just wants a level playing field with the rest of the teams in our league. It really is that simple. So signing a letter with his counterparts in other Welsh teams (& sports) is only to be expected. In fact, I’d be surprised if he hadn’t.
I guess opinion is divided. Me and Mark Drakeford don't believe that watching a football match is worth a few extra grieving families, others do.

Thankfully me and Mark are going to win this argument. Until the vulnerable have been inoculated crowds will not return to football stadia in Wales.

Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, avoid unnecessary human contact and don't listen to idiots. Looking forward to next August and being able to stand in a crowd at Rodney Parade.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Aldis this afternoon.
Rammed.
Parents in work so grandparents keeping an eye on them.
Expendable of course.
Its not the kids who are in danger.
For a teacher. do you not realise that? :roll:
Find that extraordinary
I've got elderly relatives that I've not seen since this all began, I completely understand.

Who's been having to watch them when they've been told to isolate because of outbreaks in their class or year group? It's no different. Some kids have isolated for 2 weeks, come back in for a couple of days, only to have to isolate again. We've been seeing numbers drop in primary because parents don't want to risk them getting it over the last two weeks.

The plan should've been to close them two weeks before the Christmas break, but the WG would've been slaughtered for it. Now they've acted and they're still slaughtered for it. The numbers are worse than they've ever been in some areas. How will allowing them to continue to rise help anyone?

And don't worry, I'm very aware that it's not the kids in danger, as some of my colleagues would be able to tell you. :roll:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Dogger wrote:Whether Stan agrees or not, Gavin Foxhall as chairman of our football club, just wants a level playing field with the rest of the teams in our league. It really is that simple. So signing a letter with his counterparts in other Welsh teams (& sports) is only to be expected. In fact, I’d be surprised if he hadn’t.
I guess opinion is divided. Me and Mark Drakeford don't believe that watching a football match is worth a few extra grieving families, others do.

Thankfully me and Mark are going to win this argument. Until the vulnerable have been inoculated crowds will not return to football stadia in Wales.

Stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, avoid unnecessary human contact and don't listen to idiots. Looking forward to next August and being able to stand in a crowd at Rodney Parade.
In League 1 :cheers:

copa79 wrote:The lot of those backwards idiots have made clueless decisions since March. How can crammed supermarkets be considered safer than a football ground for a small amount of distanced people? The government think of us as pennies and football does not give them the amount they want which is why other places have been opened before us
Maybe supermarkets are less safe than football grounds. That doesn't address the issue that one is deemed essential the other, not. Maybe the decision to keep grounds closed is over-cautious, but isn't that just a matter of risk assessment where opinions differ but there is no precedent to fall back on.

copa79 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
copa79 wrote:The lot of those backwards idiots have made clueless decisions since March. How can crammed supermarkets be considered safer than a football ground for a small amount of distanced people? The government think of us as pennies and football does not give them the amount they want which is why other places have been opened before us
Maybe supermarkets are less safe than football grounds.
No maybe about it they are less safe

We all need to eat to survive.
Live football is not in the same priority..

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
copa79 wrote:
excessbee wrote:

We don't need to browse though.

Perhaps the supermarkets could put a 30min time limit - or only offer deliveries/click and collect?

Public Health England stats show around 18% of new cases come from supermarkets but less than 2% from hospitality - doesn't make sense to me.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
copa79 wrote:
excessbee wrote:

We don't need to browse though.

Perhaps the supermarkets could put a 30min time limit - or only offer deliveries/click and collect?

Public Health England stats show around 18% of new cases come from supermarkets but less than 2% from hospitality - doesn't make sense to me.
Can only speak for myself but have never browsed in a Supermarket since March.
In and out as quick as possible.
Aldis etc do not do home deliveries.
Pay double to use the likes of Tesco.

Cheers

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Cheers
Frank - Aldi's do do home deliveries, via deliveroo I think.
Yes some stores do. A quite recent development.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Cheers
Frank - Aldi's do do home deliveries, via deliveroo I think.
Never knew that.

Much appreciated.