Re: Letter to Mark Drakeford

Stores like Aldi's,B&M,Poundland are a nightmare because they do cheap,they have less staff and fill the shelves high.They have narrow walkways and are potentially unsafe.I shop at Morrisons,there is someone in the foyer to make sure you have a mask and to limit numbers in the store.The aisles are wide with high ceilings which gives a spacious safe feel to the place.There are numerous sanitiser points which adds to a better shopping experience and a safer one.Avoid the cheapy shops,pay a bit more but stay safe,it's no good shopping in bargin basements if you end up in the cemetery or crematorium.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Can only speak for myself but have never browsed in a Supermarket since March.
In and out as quick as possible.
Aldis etc do not do home deliveries.
Pay double to use the likes of Tesco.

Cheers
Frank - Aldi's do do home deliveries, via deliveroo I think.
Never knew that.

Much appreciated.
Aldi now have a click and collect facility at there Risca store

copa79 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
copa79 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
copa79 wrote:The lot of those backwards idiots have made clueless decisions since March. How can crammed supermarkets be considered safer than a football ground for a small amount of distanced people? The government think of us as pennies and football does not give them the amount they want which is why other places have been opened before us
Maybe supermarkets are less safe than football grounds.
No maybe about it they are less safe

We all need to eat to survive.
Live football is not in the same priority..
But there are other ways around going to a supermarket. If you were that worried about it you'd get an online delivery

It's ridiculous how we have had to wait this long to watch pro sport in Wales
Pretty scary that attitude.
Local Top Gym instructor just been struck down with it despite Council Covid strict regulations.
All Leisure Centre and sports club classes now cancelled and you think its ridiculous?
Talk now of Lockdown all over Xmas coming.
What do you care eh?

Jack - Admin wrote:Can't win playing for either side of this argument really.

Pissing on the memory of the COVID dead by encouraging more spread at spectator sports just to make some bucks when in our case; lost gate receipts are being covered by the Premier League though...

Bit shite.
Spot on.
Stop all spectator sport until we all have had the vaccine.
Its total crap that its in the Fresh Air.
You look at matches played, starts off all tidy by half time fans move towards each other.
Half time pile in for a chat under stands etc.
Sharing cars to get home, buses etc.
Western Australia basically back to normality as they know what they are doing.
Son In Law out for Xmas do today, pubs restaurants all back to normality.
These clowns in all the Home countries 744 deaths on Wednesday.
its a total disgrace.
Not a violent person but seeing some of these Govt cabinet members smirking and boasting how good a job they are doing would tempt me to swing a few.
Never known so many people with Covid in my circle since this started.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:[
Can you not see the hypocrisy in this statement?
What are you on about? :roll:
Shall I write in capitals for you? :roll:
Until recently I did not know of anybody in 8/9 months that I had met stricken with this evil.
It seems now everyday I am told so and so has been diagnosed as positive.
744 deaths Tuesday totally horrendous.
People on hear still wanting to watch footie regardless.
Tragic times and you want to pick an argument.
You know what I called you about coming on hear cracking sick jokes.
Nothing has changed about you always looking to get a rise well I am not interested.
its a total joke and we need to do what the likes of Australia and New Zealand have successfully achieved.
Virtually Covid free and back to normality.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Until recently I did not know of anybody in 8/9 months that I had met stricken with this evil.
Nothing has changed about you always looking to get a rise well I am not interested.
its a total joke and we need to do what the likes of Australia and New Zealand have successfully achieved.
Ok, shall I spell it out for you

You take a snide swipe at the Home Counties - I live in the Home Counties and am living through the Tier 4 restrictions myself, as are my family.
You then admit that you've never known so many cases amongst your own circle, so I don't think you are in the position to lecture the home counties, given the record of the south Wales areas - do you?
Have you asked yourself how or why the rate amongst your circle is so high?

Is it:

A) A super-spreader is going door to door, coughing and sneezing through your circle's letterboxes?

Or

B) Your circle are themselves not manging the increased risks well enough and are now suffering from an increased infection rate?

You seem to have forgotten about your indignation at restrictions when all this started back in the spring, how you were all super fit and healthy and not in any risk category.

Well if you haven't worked it out yet - we all are at risk but if you take the appropriate steps to avoid contact and risk, the chances are that you won't get it whilst the vaccine is being rolled out and eventually herd immunity will hopefully safeguard you and yours, as well as me and mine.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Ok, shall I spell it out for you

You take a snide swipe at the Home Counties - I live in the Home Counties and am living through the Tier 4 restrictions myself, as are my family.
You then admit that you've never known so many cases amongst your own circle, so I don't think you are in the position to lecture the home counties, given the record of the south Wales areas - do you?
Have you asked yourself how or why the rate amongst your circle is so high?

Is it:

A) A super-spreader is going door to door, coughing and sneezing through your circle's letterboxes?

Or

B) Your circle are themselves not manging the increased risks well enough and are now suffering from an increased infection rate?

You seem to have forgotten about your indignation at restrictions when all this started back in the spring, how you were all super fit and healthy and not in any risk category.

Well if you haven't worked it out yet - we all are at risk but if you take the appropriate steps to avoid contact and risk, the chances are that you won't get it whilst the vaccine is being rolled out and eventually herd immunity will hopefully safeguard you and yours, as well as me and mine.
Spot on. Perfectly correct! And in the meantime you can watch a game of football in complete safety.