Wellens

Played his team off the park last season-"we were a long ball team."

Stuffed them in the fa cup "they're not as good as sides who were previously promoted."

Regardless of tonight's result always acknowledge when you were well beaten and show respect.

Re: Wellens

supporter wrote:Played his team off the park last season-"we were a long ball team."

Stuffed them in the fa cup "they're not as good as sides who were previously promoted."

Regardless of tonight's result always acknowledge when you were well beaten and show respect.

He's going to be bitter tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

excessbee wrote:Great decision of his to take off the attacking threat and defend the last 20 minutes. The defending seemed to amount to giving the ball back to us...... 'there you are, have another go".
And make two subs in injury time to slow the game and waste time to hang on.

Extracts - Richie Wellens' interview for Salford City AFC after the County game:

Manager Richie Wellens was infuriated by the decision (County's penalty) which means Salford drop to ninth instead of moving up to sixth, but he was encouraged by the best performance from the team since his arrival in November.

“It’s bittersweet really because on the outside I’m pleased with the amount of chances we created, we could have had a lot of goals tonight “ (yeah pal but in case you hadn't noticed, County hit the woodwork twice)

“I'm really pleased with our attitude and intent in our press, I thought that was really good, people wanted to do the nitty gritty and get in peoples’ faces and I think we totally nullified them from playing.” (I think you were watching a different game somewhere Richie)

“But on the inside I’m raging because it’s a shocking decision.” (Oh dear, what a pity, never mind! You probably missed your player barging ours into the deck)

“Sometimes in a game you can feel the way the game’s going and I didn’t think we was in any danger.” (other than the six or seven clear chances County had in the goal mouth)

Get real Richie

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT (FAST TRACK 2) – STANDARD CASE
Richie Wellens, Manager, Swindon Town FC
Peterborough United FC v Swindon Town FC
English Football League One
3 October 2020
Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that the Participant's language and behaviour following the end of the fixture was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper.
Charge admitted – Standard Penalty 1 accepted (1 match touchline suspension and a £1,000 fine).

SWINDON Town manager Richie Wellens has been handed a two-game touchline ban and a £1,000 fine after being found guilty of improper conduct by the Football Association. Wellens’ charge relates to an alleged incident in the tunnel area during the half-time interval of Town's 3-0 Carabao Cup defeat to Colchester United.

Oldham Athletic manager Richie Wellens has been left furious after he received a one-match touchline ban and a £1000 fine from the FA. Wellens was charged following an incident with the referee in the 1-0 defeat at Shrewsbury earlier this month, with the Latics boss unhappy with the decision to deny Craig Davies a late penalty. It means Wellens will be in the stands for Saturday's home game against Rotherham United, and he thinks there should be changes to how things are dealt with.
"It's unbelievable. I've admitted that what I said was wrong and that I shouldn't have said it, but they never take into account why it's happened," he said.
It seems he never learns! Apparently his post match comments on Tuesday have been referred to the FA.