County 6 a side team

Hi guys.

I do a bit of refereeing in a local 6 a side league, the quality of the teams is really good, it's quick and end to end stuff. Made me wonder who would be in my all-time County 6 a side team based on players who I've watched live:

I'm going with a 1-2-2-1 formation:

GK Joe Day
DF David Pipe & Ben White
M Alex Gilbert & Mike Flynn
S John Aldridge

Can anyone improve on that?

Re: County 6 a side team

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Hi guys.

I do a bit of refereeing in a local 6 a side league, the quality of the teams is really good, it's quick and end to end stuff. Made me wonder who would be in my all-time County 6 a side team based on players who I've watched live:

I'm going with a 1-2-2-1 formation:

GK Joe Day
DF David Pipe & Ben White
M Alex Gilbert & Mike Flynn
S John Aldridge

Can anyone improve on that?
Len Weare
Richard Walden, Keith Oakes
Len Hill, Nigel Vaughan
John Aldridge.

Special branch wrote:Joe Day
Richard Walden Keith Oakes
Steve Lowndes Tommy Tynan
Tony Buck
Interesting.

I can see the argument for playing Tynan in midfield. But I think if you did that you would need a ball winner to accompany him and I'm not entirely sure that Steve Lowndes would really fill that roll/role.

As for Tony Buck? Ahead of Brown, Goddard, Aldridge and Gwyther? I don't think so.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Tony Buck
Interesting.

I can see the argument for playing Tynan in midfield. But I think if you did that you would need a ball winner to accompany him and I'm not entirely sure that Steve Lowndes would really fill that roll/role.

As for Tony Buck? Ahead of Brown, Goddard, Aldridge and Gwyther? I don't think so.
Afternoon Stan.
Thought Tony Buck was superb in the time he was with us.
One of the best goals ever seen at Somerton by me.
30 yard screamer.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Tony Buck
Interesting.

Afternoon Stan.
30 yard screamer.
Hi Paul,

Not for one moment knocking Tony Buck, but simply saying that in my view Willie Brown was better and Goddard, Aldridge and Gwyther a step up again.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Tony Buck
Interesting.

Afternoon Stan.
30 yard screamer.
Hi Paul,

Not for one moment knocking Tony Buck, but simply saying that in my view Willie Brown was better and Goddard, Aldridge and Gwyther a step up again.
Evening mate.

Alfie Hale would of walked into any County side and would of been a great one to feature here also.

When you only have 6 to choose from its an impossible situation. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Tony Buck
Interesting.

Afternoon Stan.
30 yard screamer.
Hi Paul,

Evening mate.

Alfie Hale would of walked into any County side and would of been a great one to feature here also.

Alfie Hale, Tony Byrne, Mark Byrne, Mark O'Brien, Podge. All we need now is an Irish Goalkeeper and problem solved. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Tony Buck
Interesting.

Afternoon Stan.
30 yard screamer.
Hi Paul,

Evening mate.

Alfie Hale, Tony Byrne, Mark Byrne, Mark O'Brien, Podge. All we need now is an Irish Goalkeeper and problem solved. :grin:
Keith Beswick had the luck of The Irish getting games for the boys.
Does that count. :lol: