Re: Grandstand - Crawley away 26 Dec 2020

SULLY34 wrote:Worst game I've seen this season, two poor teams. Hope Townsends injury isnt too bad.
Townsend 6
Sheppard 7
Cooper 6
Dolan 6
Demetriou 6
Haynes 7
Bennett 6
Sheehan 6
Twine 7
Collins 4
Abraham 4

King....nothing to do
Proctor 3
Wilmott 5
Amond 2
Afternoon Sully.
Frustrating not seeing the game but needs must in these times.
Thankfully its not just myself that realises we just have not got one decent forward at the club.
Anyway point better than zero albeit was it 2 thrown away?

As it transpires from the other results that is a decent point but in the context of the game itself I feel that it was two dropped.

Crawley were there for the taking and we should have beaten them with the numerical advantage.

That said, we come into a trio of home games now where the potential is there to get maximum points.

The fact that we keep getting results go our way when we slip up is very welcome but we need to get back to winning form.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Worst game I've seen this season, two poor teams. Hope Townsends injury isnt too bad.
Townsend 6
Sheppard 7
Cooper 6
Dolan 6
Demetriou 6
Haynes 7
Bennett 6
Sheehan 6
Twine 7
Collins 4
Abraham 4

King....nothing to do
Proctor 3
Wilmott 5
Amond 2
Afternoon Sully.
Frustrating not seeing the game but needs must in these times.
Thankfully its not just myself that realises we just have not got one decent forward at the club.
Anyway point better than zero albeit was it 2 thrown away?
One outstanding forward to go with our brilliant defenders and midfielders and we would be flying. Great that we are top of the league though. Never in a million years did I think we would be in this position at the start of the season.

Wonder what MF has lined up for the transfer window?

The sending off meant that we weren’t going to lose but,we then played the ball side to side and back again.There needed to be more crosses going in and when they did,they were poor crosses.Willmott and Shephard were again in each other’s space so Devitt should have come on instead,having said that,Haynes was unlucky with his effort but,not enough positive passing to break them down.

Townsend 6
Sheppard 7
Cooper 6
Dolan 6
Demetriou 6
Haynes 7
Bennett 6
Sheehan 6
Twine 7
Collins 4
Abraham 4

King....nothing to do
Proctor 3
Wilmott 5
Amond 2
My view is that whilst I don’t have any real difference on your marks, apart from Amond and Proctor I disagree that we are a poor team - our league position almost half way through season suggests we are not bad. I thought we dominated, they scored a comedy goal, King hardly touched the ball - I do not know what happened with their goal unless Townsend had a muscle pop as he came out it was bizarre. Midfield looked good but whether it is tactics, form or something else forwards not clicking but again today yet another formation - I do believe Flynn needs to pick two and give them and tell them they have 5-6 games as first picks.

Fu Ming wrote:Need a good striker.
Our goals are coming from midfield and wing backs.
I haven’t been on the anti Abrahams band wagon but today he looked totally uninterested, looks more like Azeez not muscling any balls.
But on the bright side a point away from home is never bad.
But boy I boy do we need to kill games off.
Hope you all had a nice Xmas.
Agree about Abrahams but he was still the better of out 2 starting forwards today. Another 2 points lost from the dugout.

County ranger wrote:
Townsend 6
Sheppard 7
Cooper 6
Dolan 6
Demetriou 6
Haynes 7
Bennett 6
Sheehan 6
Twine 7
Collins 4
Abraham 4

King....nothing to do
Proctor 3
Wilmott 5
Amond 2
My view is that whilst I don’t have any real difference on your marks, apart from Amond and Proctor I disagree that we are a poor team - our league position almost half way through season suggests we are not bad. I thought we dominated, they scored a comedy goal, King hardly touched the ball - I do not know what happened with their goal unless Townsend had a muscle pop as he came out it was bizarre. Midfield looked good but whether it is tactics, form or something else forwards not clicking but again today yet another formation - I do believe Flynn needs to pick two and give them and tell them they have 5-6 games as first picks.
Over the last couple of seasons we've cancelled each other out - although I remember watching us get hammered down there a few seasons ago. They are 10th, so in my opinion it's a good result and another away point that keeps us top.
Last edited by whoareya on December 26th, 2020, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

County ranger wrote:
Townsend 6
Sheppard 7
Cooper 6
Dolan 6
Demetriou 6
Haynes 7
Bennett 6
Sheehan 6
Twine 7
Collins 4
Abraham 4

King....nothing to do
Proctor 3
Wilmott 5
Amond 2
I agree regarding our front two. Personally I dont rate Abraham or Proctor but Flynny needs to pick 2 and give them time. Tactic wise, I'm surprised he didnt go 4 at the back when they went down to 10.