Re: Grandstand - Crawley away 26 Dec 2020

Clearly should have won the game. Crawley had one shot in 94 mins. We played well enough and kept the ball on the deck. They never looked like scoring so they got a flukey draw at the end of the day. Must get a striker in january as Abrahams while trying hard enough is not league 2 standard i'm sorry to say. 3pts needed against Exeter now. Still top thanks to Bolton.

Coxy wrote:Clearly should have won the game. Crawley had one shot in 94 mins. We played well enough and kept the ball on the deck. They never looked like scoring so they got a flukey draw at the end of the day. Must get a striker in january as Abrahams while trying hard enough is not league 2 standard i'm sorry to say. 3pts needed against Exeter now. Still top thanks to Bolton.
Still top thanks to Bolton - or still top because we've got more points than everyone else?

whoareya wrote:
Coxy wrote:Clearly should have won the game. Crawley had one shot in 94 mins. We played well enough and kept the ball on the deck. They never looked like scoring so they got a flukey draw at the end of the day. Must get a striker in january as Abrahams while trying hard enough is not league 2 standard i'm sorry to say. 3pts needed against Exeter now. Still top thanks to Bolton.
Still top thanks to Bolton - or still top because we've got more points than everyone else?
True enough....Need to start winning again soon though otherwise we're going to slip down the table rapidly as lots of sides closing the gap on us.

Coxy wrote:
whoareya wrote:
True enough....Need to start winning again soon though otherwise we're going to slip down the table rapidly as lots of sides closing the gap on us.
This transfer window and situation with loanees will have a big bearing on that I fear. Cannot see us finishing as Champions as FGR will no doubt splash the cash, but I'd still be happy with a crack at the play-offs.

Just read the thread. Thought it was going to take ages but once I'd got used to fast forwarding through the - let's call them non-football-related posts - it only took five minutes.

Sorry not sorry to hear Abrahams had another disappointing game. (Sorry because we are crying out for a dependable number 9. Not sorry because him scoring increases the likelihood of him getting more game time in lieu of the problem being properly addressed in January).

Just an aside to Frank. I'd wager lots of us have been aware for months of our very obvious issues in front of goal. I'd wager regular readers of this board will know your views on this subject. You don't have to keep repeating them. We get it.

JonD wrote:Just read the thread. Thought it was going to take ages but once I'd got used to fast forwarding through the - let's call them non-football-related posts - it only took five minutes.

Sorry not sorry to hear Abrahams had another disappointing game. (Sorry because we are crying out for a dependable number 9. Not sorry because him scoring increases the likelihood of him getting more game time in lieu of the problem being properly addressed in January).

Just an aside to Frank. I'd wager lots of us have been aware for months of our very obvious issues in front of goal. I'd wager regular readers of this board will know your views on this subject. You don't have to keep repeating them. We get it.
Good morning.
it sounds like myself, you did not view the game live.
Appreciate Stats are not everything but.
Against 10 men for 30 minutes plus.
56% of possession.
Shots 11 Crawley had 1 (Home side) :shock:
On target 4 to zero
8 corners to 1
Less fouls.
How the heck did we not come away with 3 points.
Sorry to state the obvious (strikers) but lets hope Flynny sorts it out in the next few weeks and we can start complementing a few performances from the front players.
Cheers

George Street-Bridge wrote:I try not to criticise players by name while they are still with us, but there are two or three I feel I've now seen enough of. Very impressed with Crawley's defence, particularly Dallison, and the keeper,
but we should have buried them. Thought the red card was a bit harsh.
Thankyou GS-B
I rely on factual snippets and posts solely about our games and players abilities to form my opinions.
I'm a staunch fan but am saddened by the standards on this forum lately

While I accept that our strikers are not pulling up any trees currently I have some sympathy in that we are not creating many chances for them. Collins isn’t a striker and is best suited to cutting in from the flanks. We need Taylor back sharpish together with Labadie and a new batch of loanees - Janneh, Proctor, Webb, Lewis going back should free up some funds. If Twine goes back hopefully Devitt will plug his gap with a run of games under his belt.

I've just moved about 3 pages of pure crap and non-game related tosh. It took me about 20mins. I was not going to do it yesterday as I was trying to enjoy time with my family and also enjoy the football.

Both Jack and I are damned if we move/delete posts (called Nazis etc) and then damned when we don't, both of us try to let this forum run but there are a few 'usual suspects' who can't contain themselves.

FFS - there are 'grown ups' on here acting like petulant kids. YOU ARE NOT influencers - you are making yourselves look like idiots and, more importantly making our supporters, look like idiots.

People are leaving this forum because of the stupid comments, arguments and infantile behaviour.

There is always time and space for decent debate but i'll be damned if i'm wasting my time moving posts, i'll simply delete them and give the poster a 'rest'.

There is a PM function here for you to continue your personal and petty arguments - please DO NOT put it into the public forum.

Just to put things into context, the club is enjoying it's most successful season (so far) in my lifetime and I really want to enjoy it - if you don't why are you really 'following' the club? Surely you have better things to whinge and moan at?

It's been a shite 2020 (apart from the on-field football) - let's not make 2021 similar, please?

Act your age, not your shoesize!

I'm not sure what's worse, visiting a shielding person during the spread of a highly virulent and infectious strain of disease going around or furiously typing childish retorts against those fact-checking when you likely should be spending that quality time with the family.

Every single time I see a thread turn to farce, it's the same user caught up in the middle of it. Only now it seems that even the more steady-headed members are being irked and are beginning to get stuck in the ever growing hurricane that is Frank Nouble 3's commentary.

Often there is cry-wolf calls for moderator action over and over and over again which is outlined in the rules to be a PM matter only.

This forum has officially tipped into toxic territory.

For the sake of the forum and the sanity of its moderation team Harps / Frank has been de-activated.

(He was already on thin ice due to having his previous username banned and creating a new account to dodge it.)