Re: Grandstand - Crawley away 26 Dec 2020

Even though we weren't creating much maybe the sending off didn't help us as they closed shop and parked the bus.
I don't want to have a go at Willmott but numerous times he was playing in field when I would have thought MF should have been telling him and Haynes to hug the touchline to widen the pitch.
Our passing needed to be sharper and more crosses should have been pumped into the box. We didn't really take advantage of our extra man.

Another point gained though as I expected a defeat as we rarely do well away to them and the results went our way too so we have to be happy with that

I agree Neil, you see it time and again even with multi million pound premier league squads the 11 struggle to beat the 10 after a sending off.
It seems when Willmott and Shephard are on at the same time they are unsure which one should go forward and Robbie ends up going infield or passing backwards when, of the two, his delivery into the box is much better and he should be playing like a proper winger.
Thought Ryan Haynes had one of his best matches and could have had a hat trick.
Just watched their manager's post match comments and he thought if there hadn't been a red card they would have won the match! Aside from that his comments were pretty well balanced.

faerun exile wrote:While I accept that our strikers are not pulling up any trees currently I have some sympathy in that we are not creating many chances for them. Collins isn’t a striker and is best suited to cutting in from the flanks. We need Taylor back sharpish together with Labadie and a new batch of loanees - Janneh, Proctor, Webb, Lewis going back should free up some funds. If Twine goes back hopefully Devitt will plug his gap with a run of games under his belt.
I would imagine that Proctor and Lewis' loans will not be extended, but Janneh and Webb I thought were on season long loans. Will Bristol City request to have them back early?

Webb was going to sign on loan for us but then Bristol postponed it so that he could play for them one Friday night.This tells me that they may have been considering him for the first team squad but in the end decided to loan him to us a few weeks later.The problem was,in the meantime,we signed Longe King and got Cooper on loan so he was now pushed down the pecking order.Flynny still went ahead with his signing to cover for injuries,hindsight is wonderful but,it turned out to be a waste of a signing for us and of no benefit to Bristol or the player.The same could be said of the Lewis signing.