Re: Townsend

lowandhard wrote:Anybody got the lowdown on his injury? I thought the physio was looking at his ankle but someone else mentioned his knee. A bit concerning for him, let’s hope it’s not too serious and it doesn’t keep him out for too long.

Who would have thought we had a Welsh squad member to step in as back up.
Maybe MF will ring Harris at Cardiff and get Day back on loan if his injury is serious????

UPTHEPORT wrote:Will our youth team keeper be on the bench Tuesday I wonder Brain isn't it
Judging by his performance against Plymouth,he is still some way off being ready for EFL.Does Flynny name him sub and hope King isn't injured or have an outfielder ready to cover.Then again,maybe Townsend will recover.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

However Stan, much of everything else finds its way onto every football thread!

Phil in Northampton

Sadly that is exactly the case. We all enjoy a diversion though :grin: However, like most threads these days as Stan and now I have indicated, this one has gone off topic.

pembsexile wrote:The club are being quiet on this one. No indication on the club site yet. Still don’t know if it is his knee or ankle, just that he is injured. We could do with him tomorrow.
Agree, his absence will be a big blow. I know many here regard King as an able replacement, however competent he may be I feel that we’ll miss Townsend - he’s been outstanding for us this season.