Re: Tristan

Percy plunkett wrote:He had a loan spell with these,players like to score against former clubs,unless you are Denis Law.
I think there may be a few young ‘uns who don’t know what you mean Percy. I remember the Denis Law incident well. Long time Utd player who was playing for City. Scored the goal that eventually relegated Utd. Never, ever seen a player look so gloomy when he scored a goal.

pembsexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He had a loan spell with these,players like to score against former clubs,unless you are Denis Law.
I think there may be a few young ‘uns who don’t know what you mean Percy. I remember the Denis Law incident well. Long time Utd player who was playing for City. Scored the goal that eventually relegated Utd. Never, ever seen a player look so gloomy when he scored a goal.
A popular but incorrect belief. In the spring of 1974 Manchester United would have been relegated regardless of Law's goal.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
A popular but incorrect belief. In the spring of 1974 Manchester United would have been relegated regardless of Law's goal.
Well I do know that memory fades with the accumulation of grey hairs, but I remember that Utd needed to win the game to have any chance of staying up. Other results went against them on the day. Oh dear, how sad, never mind. :grin: You are correct though.