Re: Could we?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Below are copied three relevant rules from the latest EFL regulations. The first two suggest to me that we are not compliant, the third that we could move grounds if necessary. Negotiating the next lease could be interesting, if not almost impossible if we are to ever become compliant! We’d better start planning our move now.

13.3 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will ordinarily withhold approval in circumstances where the proposed ground share arrangement would result in the Club sharing occupation of the playing surface with more than one other individual team from another sport (by way of example, a Club sharing with one Rugby League team will be acceptable, but a Club seeking to share with a Rugby Union team and a Rugby League team, or two Rugby Union teams, will not).

13.4.3 where a sport other than football will be played on the pitch the playing surface shall be a hybrid (i.e. Desso or equivalent) construction, the specification of which shall be subject to the prior approval of the League. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirements of this Regulation 13.4.3 will apply to all existing ground share agreements with effect from 1 July 2019.

13.5 Each Club shall register its ground with The League and no Club shall remove to another ground (whether on a temporary or a permanent basis) without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld and the Board shall be entitled, if granting consent, to impose such conditions as it deems appropriate in all the circumstances.

Clubs must have primacy of fixture and show the ability to postpone any other activity on the pitch on 48 hours’ notice.
There is already a hybrid pitch at RP. Pretty sure the first point was answered at an open meeting a while ago - the new regs aren't retrospective & any new deal would be seen as an extension so doesn't have an effect on us. Primacy of fixture is why we played Notts County at RP in the Great Escape match and the Dragons played Cardiff Blues elsewhere. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... e-12610130

Jonesy3 wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Below are copied three relevant rules from the latest EFL regulations. The first two suggest to me that we are not compliant, the third that we could move grounds if necessary. Negotiating the next lease could be interesting, if not almost impossible if we are to ever become compliant! We’d better start planning our move now.

13.3 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will ordinarily withhold approval in circumstances where the proposed ground share arrangement would result in the Club sharing occupation of the playing surface with more than one other individual team from another sport (by way of example, a Club sharing with one Rugby League team will be acceptable, but a Club seeking to share with a Rugby Union team and a Rugby League team, or two Rugby Union teams, will not).

13.4.3 where a sport other than football will be played on the pitch the playing surface shall be a hybrid (i.e. Desso or equivalent) construction, the specification of which shall be subject to the prior approval of the League. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirements of this Regulation 13.4.3 will apply to all existing ground share agreements with effect from 1 July 2019.

13.5 Each Club shall register its ground with The League and no Club shall remove to another ground (whether on a temporary or a permanent basis) without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld and the Board shall be entitled, if granting consent, to impose such conditions as it deems appropriate in all the circumstances.

Clubs must have primacy of fixture and show the ability to postpone any other activity on the pitch on 48 hours’ notice.
There is already a hybrid pitch at RP. Pretty sure the first point was answered at an open meeting a while ago - the new regs aren't retrospective & any new deal would be seen as an extension so doesn't have an effect on us. Primacy of fixture is why we played Notts County at RP in the Great Escape match and the Dragons played Cardiff Blues elsewhere. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... e-12610130
So the following does not apply to Newport County, looks unambiguous and fairly retrospective to me?

For the avoidance of doubt, the requirements of this Regulation 13.4.3 will apply to all existing ground share agreements with effect from 1 July 2019.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:

So the following does not apply to Newport County, looks unambiguous and fairly retrospective to me?

For the avoidance of doubt, the requirements of this Regulation 13.4.3 will apply to all existing ground share agreements with effect from 1 July 2019.

As our Desso pitch was installed before this date we obviously met the requirement before it was needed anyway. The pitch was due to be relaid last summer but postponed. I haven't seen anything suggesting that the new pitch won't be a Desso.

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:

As our Desso pitch was installed before this date we obviously met the requirement before it was needed anyway. The pitch was due to be relaid last summer but postponed. I haven't seen anything suggesting that the new pitch won't be a Desso.
What about the sharing with two rugby teams?

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:

What about the sharing with two rugby teams?
It states that it is down to the discretion of the board, and they obviously approved it. There doesn't appear to be anything to suggest we would have to reapply at any point in the future.