Re: Question

County-at-the-races wrote:I know we were top 3 of Div 3 in January 1983 because that was when I went to the Falklands
By the time I got back 6 months later we had screwed it up and missed out
Memory and age plays tricks but iirc, we went top again on Easter Monday with a home win against the other lot. 16,000 at SP for that one. Terry Boyle 1-0. 6 games to go after that and we flunked it.

pembsexile wrote: Memory and age plays tricks but iirc, we went top again on Easter Monday with a home win against the other lot. 16,000 at SP for that one. Terry Boyle 1-0. 6 games to go after that and we flunked it.
The joke in this story is that I was in a team of 6 running utility services at a location on the Falklands, one of the six was a Lincoln supporter, another was a Bristol Rovers supporter, and when we left for the Falklands our 3 clubs were the top 3 clubs. At the end of the season there were no bragging rights because all THREE had missed out :shock:

County-at-the-races wrote:
pembsexile wrote: Memory and age plays tricks but iirc, we went top again on Easter Monday with a home win against the other lot. 16,000 at SP for that one. Terry Boyle 1-0. 6 games to go after that and we flunked it.
The joke in this story is that I was in a team of 6 running utility services at a location on the Falklands, one of the six was a Lincoln supporter, another was a Bristol Rovers supporter, and when we left for the Falklands our 3 clubs were the top 3 clubs. At the end of the season there were no bragging rights because all THREE had missed out :shock:
Just sent you a PM :grin: