Re: Swindon recall Twine

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Collars wrote:The ironic thing is that rather than a loan if we’d offered Swindon £25k to sign him last summer they probably would have bitten our hand off. From a player struggling to find a spot anywhere he’s now being talked about being a championship player. How quickly things can turn around! I’m just hoping that Devitt can step up today!

They sent him out on loan to toughen him up. They always knew they had a player on their hands but felt he was too small.
Regardless of what might have been said, sending him out on loan when he only had twelve months on his contract makes no sense to me.

Why not? If he doesn't look like he can cut it they can get shot of him. If he does well, recall him give him game time and you could offer him a new deal or you could get offers for him in the Jan window, which has happened.

Re: Swindon recall Twine

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Yep that's right. If Twine kicks a ball for Swindon he can't play for a third team this season.
I stand corrected. It seems the ban on a player turning out for more than 2 teams has been suspended for this season. Twine has made a good start to life I League 1 with Swindon, scoring a ‘worldie’ on his debut and would’ve scored from another long range effort on Saturday except a teammate defected his shot into the net.