Re: Swindon recall Twine

Collars wrote:I thought the option to start contract discussions with new clubs only applied to overseas clubs. Either way if I was him I wouldn’t be signing anything now. Scored a worldie but I thought the game passed him by a bit other than that so surprised to see him get MOM.
In fairness he was making a step up so you can't really judge on what was his second Division 1 game in just over 4 seasons.

But I'm happy for the lad. It was a joy to see him play for County for four months and I hope he has a good second half of the season too.

One's things for sure, we were really lucky to see him play in an amber shirt this season, we've been brave trying to keep ourselves on the table with him, but as Flynny has even intimated, their will be way bigger fish in for him than us and I see him with a Championship club come end of Summer for sure, the boys going places, great player, as is Cooper again who we were lucky to have. I just hope that one of the latest crop of loans are also as good or near as good as those two and we will of done well yet again. UTC

The ironic thing is that rather than a loan if we’d offered Swindon £25k to sign him last summer they probably would have bitten our hand off. From a player struggling to find a spot anywhere he’s now being talked about being a championship player. How quickly things can turn around! I’m just hoping that Devitt can step up today!

Collars wrote:The ironic thing is that rather than a loan if we’d offered Swindon £25k to sign him last summer they probably would have bitten our hand off. From a player struggling to find a spot anywhere he’s now being talked about being a championship player. How quickly things can turn around! I’m just hoping that Devitt can step up today!

They sent him out on loan to toughen him up. They always knew they had a player on their hands but felt he was too small.

Collars wrote:The ironic thing is that rather than a loan if we’d offered Swindon £25k to sign him last summer they probably would have bitten our hand off. From a player struggling to find a spot anywhere he’s now being talked about being a championship player. How quickly things can turn around! I’m just hoping that Devitt can step up today!
Presuming Devitt's loan has been extended from 2nd Jan? Haven't heard anything, have you?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Presuming Devitt's loan has been extended from 2nd Jan? Haven't heard anything, have you?
Not heard anything but saw one of our players Twitter (forget who) posting a video of Devitt wearing in his new boots in the living room so I guess he’s still here.

Exile 1976 wrote:

They sent him out on loan to toughen him up. They always knew they had a player on their hands but felt he was too small.
Regardless of what might have been said, sending him out on loan when he only had twelve months on his contract makes no sense to me.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
No,not been announced but,Duncan has put him on the front of the match programme so he must have extended the loan.