Re: Swindon recall Twine

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I suspect if nothing else, he needs to say all the right things, both to us and also to ensure he doesn’t piss off his current employers (even if he did actually want away).
Actually if you read what he says he is clearly not happy with Swindon. I suspect he knows his worth and will hang on until the summer and pocket the signing on fee.

I would.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:In that article posted by the Argus and reading his quotes he supposedly makes in it ..... he doesn’t mention Swindon ?
Reading between the lines he makes it very clear he doesn't want to go back. Dean Holdsworth didn't mention County when he said he couldn't turn Aldershot down because they had five training pitches. It didn't half p!ss us off, didn't it?

The NCFC Hippy wrote:We defo have a chance, he is on a low wage at swindon, with a manager who obvs doesnt rate him, with a side who could easily swap places with us end of season to a side where he is loved and plays every week, loved by manager and fans alike. We've shown ambition here as my worry he would go to a club the league above rather than what swindon might do. everything crossed and there's no way we would get him for under £200k imho so bold move but one which we would win out on in the end in everyway/ UTC
How do you know he is on a low wage relative to the County squad? £200k bid would be reckless in the extreme, with very little income to come this season and maybe the start of next season also not certain the club need to retain cash. Twine was good but the team has achieved, suddenly no one mentions Sheehan, Labs, Dolan both Sheehan and Dolan have performed equally as well.
I would like to see Twine return maybe £25k ish but there are plenty of similar players out there it is Flynn’s job to find them.

County ranger wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:We defo have a chance, he is on a low wage at swindon, with a manager who obvs doesnt rate him, with a side who could easily swap places with us end of season to a side where he is loved and plays every week, loved by manager and fans alike. We've shown ambition here as my worry he would go to a club the league above rather than what swindon might do. everything crossed and there's no way we would get him for under £200k imho so bold move but one which we would win out on in the end in everyway/ UTC
How do you know he is on a low wage relative to the County squad? £200k bid would be reckless in the extreme, with very little income to come this season and maybe the start of next season also not certain the club need to retain cash. Twine was good but the team has achieved, suddenly no one mentions Sheehan, Labs, Dolan both Sheehan and Dolan have performed equally as well.
I would like to see Twine return maybe £25k ish but there are plenty of similar players out there it is Flynn’s job to find them.
There is no chance our board would allow Flynny to have £200k to bid for anyone, that value is ridiculous.
If I were the board, I would offer £70k at the very maximum - still peanuts to most clubs in the pyramid but he has only got 5 months left on his contract. A sell-on clause would work to our advantage as well because there is no way we could go head-to-head in a bidding war with every other team interested in him. We would need to make sure we tie him down to a lengthy contract (2 and a half years) to make the most out of his value, rather than let him go for free like we have with many top quality players in the past (Byrne, Hughes).

Collars wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:I think it is customary for a club to either accept or reject a bid! and as swindon have done neither i suspect the story of a bid from us is more media BS.
...or negotiations are ongoing?
We make an offer they say yes = deal done
We make an offer they say no = we negotiate
so have swindon refused our offer? nobody is reporting they have, and i'm sure they would have let their fans know they rejected it but they hav'nt, so as i said i suspect BS.

llanwern exile wrote:
Collars wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:I think it is customary for a club to either accept or reject a bid! and as swindon have done neither i suspect the story of a bid from us is more media BS.
...or negotiations are ongoing?
We make an offer they say yes = deal done
We make an offer they say no = we negotiate
so have swindon refused our offer? nobody is reporting they have, and i'm sure they would have let their fans know they rejected it but they hav'nt, so as i said i suspect BS.
I don't think it's possible it could be BS, because a few papers are reporting an offer has been made - even BBC Sport says so.

It's defo true that we have performed well as a team this season and I am the first to say it.
Dolan excellent in defence, Hayes and Sheps great, Sheehan and Cooper superb and others all doing well too. But for me Twine/Sheean and Cooper will easily play at a higher level than leagues one and two. whilst the others won't. Twines goals and also assists (he's top of both for us) literally made more of a difference to our league standing than any other player and he will be a big big loss even more than Cooper as goals win games. If we got him for 200k it would be a steal as he will almost certainly go for a lot more in years to come (just my opinion for now I know) of the rest of the side (whom we own) only Sheehan would get near in transfer fee. So for me, and we all have our opinions, Twine at £200k is very sound business, to suggest we could get him for 25k is laughable but I hope true. I happen to know that Twine is on a low wage for sure and we could afford to improve it and stay in budget. Again I hear opinions above but these are mine, and Twine (and sheehan and cooper) are going to play higher divisions and command good fees. Not sure if he will return but well done to the board for having a go as we need him. UTC