Re: Swindon recall Twine

We defo have a chance, he is on a low wage at swindon, with a manager who obvs doesnt rate him, with a side who could easily swap places with us end of season to a side where he is loved and plays every week, loved by manager and fans alike. We've shown ambition here as my worry he would go to a club the league above rather than what swindon might do. everything crossed and there's no way we would get him for under £200k imho so bold move but one which we would win out on in the end in everyway/ UTC

If we manage to pull off the signing of Twine it would have to go down as one of the best coup's in County history.

I am an optimist usually but I think this is going to take something miraculous to happen.

I hope that I'm wrong and we pull it off as I fear losing Twine and Cooper, arguably two of our most consistent and influential players this season, will be a serious hammer blow to our chances of promotion without adequate replacements.

If you had to hazard a guess, what kind of figure do you think we've offered Swindon for him?

[quote="Ironsider"
If you had to hazard a guess, what kind of figure do you think we've offered Swindon for him?[/quote]

My guess for an initial, opening bid would be £75K plus £25K if we get promoted this season, plus 20% of any sell-on profit.

If this fails, and there is no bidding war with other interested parties, I would suggest we'd go as high as £125K initial fee plus £25K if we get promoted plus up to 30% sell-on profit.

Of course, this is based only on the 2 clubs' league standings, that Twine now has less than 5 months on his contract but I don't know how much we could realistically afford with no income bar occasional TV income. I'd also want to be paying/spreading whatever fee might be agreed over a 12 month period, as is usual these days.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:One guy on the Swindon fans forum is suggesting a swap deal Twine to us, King to Swindon. They desperately need a keeper, having lost out on Joe Day this week. Not the most stupid idea I've ever heard, would benefit all parties.
I don't think that's a good move for us. Callum Brain is our number 3 and from what I have seen of him, he isn't ready for first team action. We have two good quality keepers in Nick and Tom.

If Tom wants a move to play regular first team footie, then we should tell him to hold out until the summer when his contract has expired.
Last edited by Ghostgoal on January 6th, 2021, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostgoal wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:One guy on the Swindon fans forum is suggesting a swap deal Twine to us, King to Swindon. They desperately need a keeper, having lost out on Joe Day this week. Not the most stupid idea I've ever heard, would benefit all parties.
I don't think that's a good move for us. Callum Brain is out number 3 and from what I have seen of him, he isn't ready for first team action. We have two good quality keepers in Nick and Tom.

If Tom wants
a move to play regular first team footie, then we should tell him to hold out until the summer when his contract has expired.
We could easily pick up another keeper in the window