Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home MATCH OFF FROZEN PITCH

Would hope we have some sort of clause covering situations like this and some kind of rent rebate. However I imagine the WRU are fully aware we have few other options to play at. Not much room to negotiate a favourable contract.

Brighton game is going to be a real challenge. I wonder whether the board have considered hosting the game elsewhere as a one off. If it's neccessary to secure our TV money.

Right so let's make that...

1 PL match off (Fulham-Burnley tomorrow)
3 Championship games off (Brentford-Bristol City and Luton-QPR for Covid, Rotherham-Cardiff for snow)
5 L1 games off (Accrington-Pompey and Swindon-Wigan for frozen pitch, Peterborough-Doncaster, Rochdale-Franchise and Shrewsbury-Crewe for Covid)
5 L2 games off (though sadly not FGR nor Carlisle)
4 National League games off
5 National League North games off
7 National League South games off
2 Scottish Championship games off
2 Scottish League 1 games off
3 Scottish League 2 games off
1 Scottish Cup game off
2 (both) Cymru Premier games off

... and probably more to come within the next 45 minutes. But at the minute we sit (according to the BBC, that is) at 40 total postponements for the weekend - it's not good.

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home

excessbee wrote:
flat4 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Game is OFF
If correct, this is becoming a joke, not surprised as Me and the wife went for a walk earlier and the amount of iced over puddle's about was alarming even the drainage gulley`s had iced over.
How can it be 'becoming a joke' and in the same sentence 'not surprised' because of the amount of ice around?
Exactly what I thought

Oh well, yet again the weather interferes for a second successive game of County's.

With Oldham having an impressive away record having won six of their latest league matches on their travels and Carlisle having a tricky game at Walsall today, County will remain top after todays games provided both Forest Green and Carlisle fail to win their respective matches.

Bolton v Crawley
Forest Green v Oldham
Grimsby v Cambridge
Leyton Orient v Salford
Mansfield v Port Vale
Stevenage v Scunthorpe
Walsall v Carlisle

1. Newport County 20 31-21 +10 38pts
2. Forest Green 21 27-18 +9 37pts
3. Carlisle 20 +10 36pts
4. Cheltenham 21 +9 35pts
5. Morecambe 20 -3 34pts