Re: New Faces

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
MisterB wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Well there was one Jordan Green ish looking fella outside the training base with a couple of out back room staff earlier today when I biked past ..... couldnt see who he actually was cos he wore the obligatory mask.

Barnsley Football Club have cancelled the contract of Jordan Green by mutual consent.(today)
Would take Jordan back
Tell you the truth I’d be on the fence (if it was a strong one) but I do think there’s something there with him .... not sure if hed have many offers to pick and choose from, but id be surprised if he’d want to come back he knows how difficult the pitch is, and Flynnys never really over used him ?
True
Lad got pace

I'll throw a couple of potential names into the mix - just educated guesses, no inside info or firm rumours etc :

Billy Boden, Welsh striker at Preston. Just coming back from a knee injury, did well at Bristol Rovers before going to PNE for £400K.

Theo Robinson, another experienced striker. Not prolific as in scoring 1 in every 2 games but pops up with the occasional hat-trick. Out of favour at Port Vale but experienced at this level.

And a free agent Welsh striker, sacked recently by Fleetwood, a household name after a high-profile court case in which he was found not guilty. Can't bring myself to mention his name and he'd probably (maybe fortunately) be out of our budget structure. Ignoring all the white noise about his attitude, background etc he is undoubtedly a very good striker and will do someone a good job.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I'll throw a couple of potential names into the mix - just educated guesses, no inside info or firm rumours etc :

Billy Boden, Welsh striker at Preston. Just coming back from a knee injury, did well at Bristol Rovers before going to PNE for £400K.

Theo Robinson, another experienced striker. Not prolific as in scoring 1 in every 2 games but pops up with the occasional hat-trick. Out of favour at Port Vale but experienced at this level.

And a free agent Welsh striker, sacked recently by Fleetwood, a household name after a high-profile court case in which he was found not guilty. Can't bring myself to mention his name and he'd probably (maybe fortunately) be out of our budget structure. Ignoring all the white noise about his attitude, background etc he is undoubtedly a very good striker and will do someone a good job.
Evans is off to Preston

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:e="Willthiswork"]
whoareya wrote:Tony Hatch joining for the rest of the season.....
Music to my ears!

I heard he was off to nottingham forest as he would rather play on the trent.
Rubbish. He's joining Stoke City. :grin:[/quote]

Has he reached a Crossroads in his career?