Re: New Signing

Evans is permanent loan until the end of the season apparently, not permanent? He was in Pafos (cyprus) as Cameron Toshack was managing them (ex swans u23 coach and John's son) who recently lost is job and so he had a few swansea youth out there from his links. Someone I believe who was once on our radar as manager and hope so is again (when Flynny goes) as would love us to follow the Swansea model and build a ball playing footballers academy as it means a conveyor belt of talent which as we know from experience always makes good players, who then have resale value too. but anyway that's another post. So far 3 young players who we will have to wait and see can help us. two strikers and an attacking midfielder, so hope a few more to come too. UTC

Right. This makes the next few months vital to Jack Evans. He has a short opportunity to make an impression with County in order to get a decent deal with County or another club next season.

He hasn't had the best of luck so far with his career and I'm sure we all wish him the best of luck at County and hope he is a great success. He has had good training at Swansea and looks like he has the sort of determination to overcome his setbacks that will
appeal to Flynny.

I'm willing to be positive about all three signings. I think all three are the kind of signings County should be making. Hopefully the two strikers will be given an opportunity to learn "adult" football alongside an older head and pick up tips along the way. I'm expecting both to have a bit of pace to them and I do wonder whether we'll see Collins or Abrahams go out on loan to the Conference Premier. I certainly think Abrahams needs an opportunity to go somewhere and score goals again as he seems low on confidence atm. Jack Evans just sounds like he's being given a fresh start so he's no longer the Swansea player that had cancer. It's almost like he's been advised to come to County because of the way the club rebuilt Sheehan.

It struck me (and I could be wrong) that these are not the promising kids that County have been content to take on loan in the past, these are players that are players that County have actively pursued, perhaps because they can play the type of football that the club has been attempting to play this season.

I'm excited...

A couple of comments from Walsall FC Forum, UpTheSaddlers on Jake Scrimshaw: -

‘Liked his attitude and his energy.

Helped turn the game against Vale and his second was a cracker.
Although the didn’t deliver the goals we hoped for, he always made me think something might happen when he was on the pitch’

‘Decent striker. Lots of workable potential there in my opinion. I’d imagine he is some way off Bournemouths first team. Doesn’t seem to type of lad who would enjoy, or be particular effective playing development football.

I can see him going out on loan again (this time to a club able to contribute to his wages), or even achieve a permanent move somewhere. Would be a decent, relatively cheap punt for a L1/ 2 side.’

The comments bring to mind Alex Samuel.

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/scrimshaw-gone/5784