Re: Exiles Grandstand: FA Cup 3rd Round Brighton & Hove Albi

Well, here we go
Bus to Guildford, Train to Reading, change and swiftly Newport where I hope the amazing GWR seats are still in situ. (Always shed a tear as the green dome appears to the left) Was it really 50 Years ago?
A lurk around town centre, waste a couple of quid in Joe Coral. Off to The Crosskeys catch up. Over to market, snoop, get something from Turners to take home (usually a whole breast of lamb) another pint and safekeeping for lamb. Subway, Town Bridge and see if any friends in club opposite Dodger.
Hazell terrace... The ONLY place to be.
Shout and bawl for hour and a half and back for a jar in town, pick up me meat and return to Deepest Surrey. £100+ lighter Bank balance but what a day.
Stay safe all. (yes I know the Market is shut)

No set routine for me as it depends whether I am in the ‘Port or not. However for the last few FA cup games (Leicester and Spurs) managed to get a seat in hospitality as my nephew was doing some club work. A few pints in the pub in Clarence Place beforehand. Lovely.

For the ‘Boro game, one of the prominent messageboarders managed to get me a ticket and I sat freezing wet in the Bisley that evening. Thoroughly enjoyed it though even if I didn’t have a pint beforehand. On my own for that one as I was off to Estonia the next day. Buzzing.

Better not say how I got a ticket for the Man City game. I still tell the story of that one to anyone who will listen in Pembs. Stood in the Hazel and had a couple in the Dodger beforehand. Nobody else in my Newport family seemed bothered with that one as they thought it was a formality we would get stuffed. The score line suggests we did but that was not the case at all. Was very proud of the team that day.

As for today, again, no one in my lot seems bothered about it. Doing work in the garden, then settle down about 6.30 ish and enjoy the build up. Cmon the County.

UPTHEPORT wrote:I very rearly drink before a game I'm a big fan of watching the full 90 minutes without having to have a slash during the game

So I normally drive parking by the old Sainsbury's site

That's a point what about the old Sainsbury's site for a new stadium
I always have to have a slash or two during the game even if I've haven't even had a cup of tea. Oh to be young again.

Blackandamber wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I very rearly drink before a game I'm a big fan of watching the full 90 minutes without having to have a slash during the game

I always have to have a slash or two during the game even if I've haven't even had a cup of tea. Oh to be young again.
Hope you're not one of those that everyone has to move for :grin:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Hope you're not one of those that everyone has to move for :grin:
My seat is on the end of the row so no problem