Wilfried Bony

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Collars

Wilfried Bony

Postby Collars » January 12th, 2021, 9:16 am

I see he is training with us again. Be nice if he felt the need to repay us with a cheap deal til the end of the season. I think those would be the goals that would get us promoted.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 12th, 2021, 9:20 am

We wouldn't be good for his CV
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Collars » January 12th, 2021, 9:29 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:We wouldn't be good for his CV


Surely we're better than the Saudi Premier League?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 12th, 2021, 9:34 am

We've got more sand.
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Collars » January 12th, 2021, 9:42 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:We've got more sand.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Willthiswork » January 12th, 2021, 9:56 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:We wouldn't be good for his CV
Should show match fitness and readiness.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Justanordinaryfan » January 12th, 2021, 10:10 am

Willthiswork wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:We wouldn't be good for his CV
Should show match fitness and readiness.


Think he’s referring to the comments he made last season when he was training with us ..... times and conditions change.
no avatar
User

Fu Ming

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Fu Ming » January 12th, 2021, 12:14 pm

Didn’t do us much good with him and Ledley training with us last season.
All they did was pose for selfies with MF.
I hope he is taking the necessary Vid19 precautions when training with us.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby County ranger » January 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

In the current circumstances we should not be inviting non team players to training it is not the merrier it is more heightens the risk of COVID infection - this is very poor from County.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 12th, 2021, 2:04 pm

County ranger wrote:In the current circumstances we should not be inviting non team players to training it is not the merrier it is more heightens the risk of COVID infection - this is very poor from County.


Think that's a bit harsh considering how will the Club has dealt with the virus so far I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and I would say that bony and green would have had to isolate the same as new starters in the squad
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Kairdiff Exile » January 12th, 2021, 2:18 pm

Fu Ming wrote:Didn’t do us much good with him and Ledley training with us last season.
All they did was pose for selfies with MF.

If I may say so, Mr Ming, that's a bit of a negative spin. I'm sure it must give a huge boost to the other players, especially the fringe players in the squad, to have players of Bony's or Ledley's quality at the training ground. Makes a different from the "same old, same old" of day-to-day training.

I agree that following COVID-19 protocols for such extra players is vital, but I'm sure the club are taking that very seriously.
no avatar
User

Fu Ming

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Fu Ming » January 12th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:Didn’t do us much good with him and Ledley training with us last season.
All they did was pose for selfies with MF.

If I may say so, Mr Ming, that's a bit of a negative spin. I'm sure it must give a huge boost to the other players, especially the fringe players in the squad, to have players of Bony's or Ledley's quality at the training ground. Makes a different from the "same old, same old" of day-to-day training.

I agree that following COVID-19 protocols for such extra players is vital, but I'm sure the club are taking that very seriously.


Thank you for your comments.
You could well be correct that it might lift the guys and is a change to the regular training by having a quality player in the training camp.
But as I remember it last season both him and Ledley ended up being a distraction, and we did taper off towards the end of the curtailed season.
I don’t mean to be too negative but it’s just the way I see it.
Hope I’m proved wrong and our strikers bag a hat full of goals against Salford on Saturday.
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby NearlyDead » January 12th, 2021, 5:02 pm

I imagine they were only a distraction to the folk on this message board, from the will we/won't we sign them point of view.

While there was an outside chance of Ledley signing, until the chance of playing in Oz for his mate came up, we were never going to sign Bony.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Exile 1976 » January 12th, 2021, 5:19 pm

Doesn't matter, all EFL football will be suspended after next week anyway
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Collars » January 12th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Doesn't matter, all EFL football will be suspended after next week anyway

Let's hope we're promoted on points per game then if that happens. I couldn't find anything anywhere as to whether there was a point in time when the season gets cancelled versus when it is decided on ppg.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fourthousand, ghosty, MisterB, OLDCROMWELLIAN, Stan A. Einstein

Powered by phpBB ®