Re: Wilfried Bony

worksop amber wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:As long as we're not paying him, and we won't be, what difference does it make him training with us?
Exactly my thoughts Exile
I can't see what difference it makes either mate
Unlikely scenario I know but we are a competitive business.

It is July 2021. The season has been extended owing to the now defeated Corona Virus. And it's really tight at the top. Newport County know they only need a draw in their final rearranged home game with Exeter City. However a defeat could see them miss out on the play-offs altogether. Sadly Worksop and Exile have along with their wives are having a long arranged holiday hiking in the Bavarian Alps. Phone reception is good but having hit the lager the night before they have forgotten to charge their phones. Finally arriving back at their hotel they rush to to their chargers and hit the scores and fixtures on the BBC website. And are devastated to read. 'Last Gasp Bony winner sends Exeter up: County condemned to miss out on promotion and play-offs.'

Unlikely I know but my view is Newport County training is for Newport County players and no one else.

Edit.

The serious point I am making is that football at our level is a professional sport and any player who is not a County player is a rival. You can argue that he should be allowed to train with us because he may improve the players around him. I think that argument is without merit, but it is rational. Whilst I would wish no player manager or team harm, other than Newport County they are all rivals. And anybody who assists a rival is being naive.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
worksop amber wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:As long as we're not paying him, and we won't be, what difference does it make him training with us?

It is July 2021. The season has been extended owing to the now defeated Corona Virus. And it's really tight at the top. Newport County know they only need a draw in their final rearranged home game with Exeter City. However a defeat could see them miss out on the play-offs altogether. Sadly Worksop and Exile have along with their wives are having a long arranged holiday hiking in the Bavarian Alps. Phone reception is good but having hit the lager the night before they have forgotten to charge their phones. Finally arriving back at their hotel they rush to to their chargers and hit the scores and fixtures on the BBC website. And are devastated to read. 'Last Gasp Bony winner sends Exeter up: County condemned to miss out on promotion and play-offs.'

Unlikely I know but my view is Newport County training is for Newport County players and no one else.

Edit.

The serious point I am making is that football at our level is a professional sport and any player who is not a County player is a rival. You can argue that he should be allowed to train with us because he may improve the players around him. I think that argument is without merit, but it is rational. Whilst I would wish no player manager or team harm, other than Newport County they are all rivals. And anybody who assists a rival is being naive.

To me, it is what it is. That's how we find out how good triallists are as well. Or do you not think they should train or play in games with us until they've signed a contract? I'm sure many a triallist for many clubs have gone on and scored goals against teams they had trained/played with.
If Flynny thinks he's a benefit to us in training, that's up to him.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 15th, 2021, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
worksop amber wrote:

Edit.

Bloody hell Stan has my wife been showing you the pictures of me in my Bavarian Lederhosen
Not a great sight I must admit but hey when in Rome !!!!

worksop amber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
worksop amber wrote:

Edit.

Bloody hell Stan has my wife been showing you the pictures of me in my Bavarian Lederhosen
Not a great sight I must admit but hey when in Rome !!!!
:shock: :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote:Doesn't matter, all EFL football will be suspended after next week anyway
I see the Premier League and EFL have released a statement saying they have every confidence that the season will end as planned in May. Which strikes me as the chairman's 'we have every confidence in the manager' writ large. I think you and Worksop can safely look forward to your trip to the Bavarian Tyrol. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Doesn't matter, all EFL football will be suspended after next week anyway
I see the Premier League and EFL have released a statement saying they have every confidence that the season will end as planned in May. Which strikes me as the chairman's 'we have every confidence in the manager' writ large. I think you and Worksop can safely look forward to your trip to the Bavarian Tyrol. :grin:
8) 8) :lol:

NearlyDead wrote:
JonD wrote:[OFF TOPIC]
Bavarian Tyrol? Is Stan anticipating some border shifts between now and then?
[/OFF TOPIC]

Perhaps the last newspaper he saw dates from about 1810...
I had always assumed that not only did the Tyrol stretch into Italy but also into Bavaria. I was wrong.
So much for German expansion. :oops: