Re: Wilfried Bony

He isn't going to sign so just a pointless media driven exercise IMO..

It's just a "" look who we've got training with us, an aging striker who used to be OK a decade ago but can't get a gig anywhere else because I still think I'm worth £50k per week''There's hardly a queue of clubs trying to sign him is there?
It's just a publicity stunt from the player and his agent trying to get him a deal because he hasn't done anything since leaving Man City, other than join any club in any league stupid enough to pay his wage demands, his performances don't justify them signing him.
I see he is wearing club training gear with his initials on them, using our training facilities but has obviously told the club he has no intension of signing for us, Why bother???
It is getting a bit of media coverage with the Argus and BBC because Pearlman is trying to find interesting articles to fill space., but no use to the club

neilcork68 wrote:He isn't going to sign so just a pointless media driven exercise IMO..

It's just a "" look who we've got training with us, an aging striker who used to be OK a decade ago but can't get a gig anywhere else because I still think I'm worth £50k per week''There's hardly a queue of clubs trying to sign him is there?
It's just a publicity stunt from the player and his agent trying to get him a deal because he hasn't done anything since leaving Man City, other than join any club in any league stupid enough to pay his wage demands, his performances don't justify them signing him.
I see he is wearing club training gear with his initials on them, using our training facilities but has obviously told the club he has no intension of signing for us, Why bother???
It is getting a bit of media coverage with the Argus and BBC because Pearlman is trying to find interesting articles to fill space., but no use to the club
Spot on mate

neilcork68 wrote:He isn't going to sign so just a pointless media driven exercise IMO..

If Flynny thinks it's a good idea then I'm with him after all he hasn't done a bad job so far

UPTHEPORT wrote:

If Flynny thinks it's a good idea then I'm with him after all he hasn't done a bad job so far
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the issue it is hardly constructive to simply say if Flynn thinks it's a good idea so do I. Blind loyalty is just that, blind.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the issue it is hardly constructive to simply say if Flynn thinks it's a good idea so do I. Blind loyalty is just that, blind.
He's the boss and at the moment he's doing a cracking job so if it's alright with you I'll stick with my original post

Went past the Welsh Fa where they were training yesterday, and he was training with us again. To my mind I think it’s a positive thing, the County players looked well comfortable and happy in his company .... and I know (albeit at a much lower level) how enjoyable and motivating it was when players from a higher level came and trained with my teams ..... hopefully his quality will rub off on them. Flynny has anyway stated that he’s helping out with working with the youngsters, (prob whilst doing his badges), don’t see why people see it as a negative tbh.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

He's the boss and at the moment he's doing a cracking job so if it's alright with you I'll stick with my original post
Absolutely Jim. Although perhaps you ought to check with Flynn first before posting. I mean he might appreciate those who offer a different perspective. Talented people usually do. :grin:

Seriously though

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Absolutely Jim. Although perhaps you ought to check with Flynn first before posting. I mean he might appreciate those who offer a different perspective. Talented people usually do. :grin:

Seriously though
Opinions Opinions Opinions

I’m neutral about most of this debate. If he helps in training fine, no problem. What I don’t get is the idea that he’s too good to sign for us, after all he’s done bugger all for a long time now. Additionally I’m not sure how much of a success he’d be anyway - I certainly wouldn’t stretch the budget to tempt him even if we could.

Pro’s and con’s in this one for me too.

If some of his ‘magic’ can rub off on the players, so be it. They will probably enjoy having him around.

If what we hear about his wage demands are true, then a wide berth is needed. It looks like he has no thoughts at all of joining the club. A huge PR stunt imo.