Brain dead

After all the talk of players being told to "not to hug " did anyone see Final Score on BBC?
After every Premier League game had ended and they went from game to game for final reports it showed countless players hugging.
If the game is suspended by The Government / FA as a consequence of it the managers will be the first to moan about it
What do they not understand about the directions given to them??????

Re: Brain dead

As with many other things, PL players appear to think they can act with impunity.
They make an overtly political statement by taking a knee at the start of a game then totally ignore guidance by hugging during and after the game.
What amuses me is that so many people in the media refer to them as role models.

allontheamber wrote:As with many other things, PL players appear to think they can act with impunity.
They make an overtly political statement by taking a knee at the start of a game then totally ignore guidance by hugging during and after the game.
What amuses me is that so many people in the media refer to them as role models.
But bear in mind that a role model isn't the same thing as a good role model.

Footballers ARE role models. They influence behaviour.

The players were told about spitting at the start of the Pandemic.... yet they still spit as much.

They have to adhere to the same rules as us but there are countless episodes that they don't... ie Parties, mixing with others outside the household etc.
Does anyone think they will not hug?

It was highlighted on the ITN News that they haven't taken notice of the guidance..

Was it Dyche who said in midweek that they should vaccinate footballers now?? ..... They are not in touch with the real world IMO and don't give a toss about rules and regulations, They will still carry on doing it, then cry wolf if the Football is stopped or suspended

neilcork68 wrote:The players were told about spitting at the start of the Pandemic.... yet they still spit as much.

They have to adhere to the same rules as us but there are countless episodes that they don't... ie Parties, mixing with others outside the household etc.

It was highlighted on the ITN News that they haven't taken notice of the guidance..

Was it Dyche who said in midweek that they should vaccinate footballers now?? ..... They are not in touch with the real world IMO and don't give a toss about rules and regulations, They will still carry on doing it, then cry wolf if the Football is stopped or suspended

Wasn't his point about vaccinating footballers was that the money spent on constantly testing them could be spent by the clubs/league on the NHS or other good causes.

I agree that if you have been advised not to hug then the players should not do.
Players can still get creative and do a "dance or some other type of gesture, albeit at a suitable distance".
I am not sure that a hug makes that much of difference when compared to the pushing and shoving going on in the penalty areas and linking arms when making a wall.
If the players have been tested negative (which they should be), then again a celebratory hug is of little consequence.

If a hug is such a big issue, then why is rugby being played when the game evolves around rucks, mauls and scrums??

neilcork68 wrote:The players were told about spitting at the start of the Pandemic.... yet they still spit as much.

They absolutely should be vaccinating them now, or if they won't, they should suspend football until they can be vaccinated.

It's ridiculous demanding that they carry on working for our entertainment, especially at this level where the wages are hardly life changing.

all NHS and front line workers had to carry on working for 10 months without a vaccine and the availability of the tests these footballers get so why should they 'absolutely get vaccinated', as you put it?
If we ( I am in both categories - NHS and front line worker) showed any symptoms we could only get a test then, they get 2 a week to check their health.
If we get it or show symptoms we have to live on £110 per week, they still get full pay because they have a contract
As you can guess, I believe they should wait their turn as everyone else has to. Not be shown any favours because they are in the entertainment /sport industry.
There are far more important people needing the vaccine than a guy /woman who kick a football around twice a week

If football needs to be suspended, so be it

neilcork68 wrote:all NHS and front line workers had to carry on working for 10 months without a vaccine and the availability of the tests these footballers get so why should they 'absolutely get vaccinated', as you put it?
If we ( I am in both categories - NHS and front line worker) showed any symptoms we could only get a test then, they get 2 a week to check their health.
If we get it or show symptoms we have to live on £110 per week, they still get full pay because they have a contract
As you can guess, I believe they should wait their turn as everyone else has to. Not be shown any favours because they are in the entertainment /sport industry.
There are far more important people needing the vaccine than a guy /woman who kick a football around twice a week

Because they're being asked to work for our entertainment not for our safety.

No issue with them having to wait, but then the football should be stopped as a result. It's not just the players health, but everyone them and their families come into contact with.

neilcork68 wrote:all NHS and front line workers had to carry on working for 10 months without a vaccine and the availability of the tests these footballers get so why should they 'absolutely get vaccinated', as you put it?

Entirely agree with these sentiments. Think we need to remind ourselves that the priority list for vaccination is for those most likely to become seriously ill or die,plus of course those key workers required to care/treat them. Fit young sportsmen are those least likely to become seriously ill or die and therefore any call for them to 'jump the queue' is in my view disgraceful.