Re: Brain dead

rncfc wrote:Agree completely on the basis that they're not being forced to play under threat of contract breach. The UK has enough vaccines, if they continue being asked to entertain us in these times, I think they should be protected.
I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying. However, the UK does not have enough vaccines. Betsi Cadwalader HB has indicated that they will run short this week. It’s not their fault but there is a hold up with the manufacturing plant in Belgium. It is being modified apparently. Pfizer hope to get running again soon.

Also, not everyone (me included) can have the Pfizer vaccine and have to wait for the others to come on line. The sooner the bloody better imo.

UPTHEPORT wrote:I personally think we should be vaccinating sports people it does give the public a boost morale wise and if they covered the costs and more then it's a win win situation
Is it? Considering a tiny minority of the country has had the two doses so far, I don't think deciding to vaccinate professional footballers before the millions of key workers in the country will go down well.

DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I personally think we should be vaccinating sports people it does give the public a boost morale wise and if they covered the costs and more then it's a win win situation
Is it? Considering a tiny minority of the country has had the two doses so far, I don't think deciding to vaccinate professional footballers before the millions of key workers in the country will go down well.
Exactly. Furthermore if footballers get vaccinated before those who are most likely to die from the virus, then they are indirectly likely to cause the death of someone who may have survived if they were vaccinated. Financial costs shouldn't come into it.