Re: Townsend v King

SULLY34 wrote:Fortunately we have 2 great keepers but I can see an argument for King playing at home on an awful pitch where we play good ball. Then Townsend to play away games on a decent pitch where we like to build from the back.
I understand what you are saying but I would be concerned that constant change may unsettle what has been an excellent defence this season. King was excellent against Brighton but his weakness in modern football is his ball playing skills, this will increasingly differentiate keepers. Old fashioned stoppers will struggle.
I feel more confident with the ball at Townsends feet and for me he should be No1. Some of King’s punts for touch were frustrating today even Charlie noticed it.

Re: Townsend v King

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Mulattozulu wrote:Can't see why we dropped Townsend but King did play well the other day but I think we can't play from the back with him in goal and God the local park is better than the one that we play on
He came off injured king hasn't done anything wrong since
Playing from the back also needs a decent playing surface, maybe it's a tactic we could revert to for away matches. Also, a good deal of the success was down to Cooper's ability to move the ball comfortably to the halfway line. I can't see Howkins taking up that role, and impressed as I was with Longe-King yesterday, he may be more defensive minded.