Re: Devitt

North London Exile wrote:
County ranger wrote: Clearly a northerner who probably found it tough to settle down south
Er, no. An Irishman from Dublin who grew up close to Mark O'Brien. Helps to listen to ifollow occasionally.
No need for the aggressive tone - calm down. Where you are born does not always tie in to where you put down roots - he has only ever really played in the North since 2008 so 12 years settled I would suggest?

Re: Devitt

County ranger wrote:
North London Exile wrote:
County ranger wrote: Clearly a northerner who probably found it tough to settle down south
Er, no. An Irishman from Dublin who grew up close to Mark O'Brien. Helps to listen to ifollow occasionally.
No need for the aggressive tone - calm down. Where you are born does not always tie in to where you put down roots - he has only ever really played in the North since 2008 so 12 years settled I would suggest?
Always love it when I assert myself and get called aggressive. The many county fans I've befriended over the last 15 years "down south" know me to be a mild kind of guy who doesn't drink enough.

Since the 1840s there's been a long tradition of Irishmen immigrating to the north of England, and Newport too, judging from the number of Irish names among ardent County fans. I just think their contribution deserves some respect.