County goalkeeper scorers

Before tonight I can only remember one other time when a County goalkeeper may have scored. I say may because there was some dispute over it

I went to Crewe in 1979 and I remember Gary Plumley punting the ball forward. The Crewe keeper, Bruce Grobbelaar collided with David Gwyther and from my angle it looked like it went straight in directly from Gary's kick

I seem to remember Plumley and Gwyther both claimed it. I dont recall who got it in the end

Other than that, and Tom Kings goal tonight, can anyone else remember an instance when a County goal keeper has scored?

BTW we went up that season so maybe Tom Kings goal its a good omen

Re: County goalkeeper scorers

George Street-Bridge wrote:Tony Ambrosen's book says Tynan scored there in 78-79 (1-0) and Vaughan, Bruton and Gwyther in 79-80 (3-1).

I can't remember a keeper scoring for or against us, one opposition keeper went close at Spytty. I honestly thought you weren't allowed to score direct from a GK and Scrimshaw must have got a touch. .
Marsden for Leicester United in the 94/95 season. It was throwing it down with rain and right in the middle of a ridiculous run of wins.

The keeper was a good laugh, always used to take all the banter thrown at him in good spirits! Seem to recall we presented him with some sort of award for best opposition player or something to that effect.

Just looking at one of Tom King’s interviews regarding his goal.
“Am I allowed to do that”.
Makes me wonder how many players don’t know some of the “lesser rules of the game”.
Perhaps they should all be given a copy of the rule book at the start of the season, so they can take advantage of certain situations.

Fu Ming wrote:Just looking at one of Tom King’s interviews regarding his goal.
“Am I allowed to do that”.
Makes me wonder how many players don’t know some of the “lesser rules of the game”.
Perhaps they should all be given a copy of the rule book at the start of the season, so they can take advantage of certain situations.
Being a ref ok only at Welsh league standard at my highest you'd be surprised how many ref's don't keep up with new interpretations of the laws of the game

As I said on another thread all clubs large and small even Newport and district are sent the law's of the game at the start of each season someone has to sign to say they have read and understood before they can play

NearlyDead wrote:Sky's footage of King's goal against Cheltenham has already been watched about a million times on Twitter!
Good Evening, sorry, quite a bit of that was me... shared with everyone I know with an interest in football. It’s a great talking point, and everyone is astonished.
I was a goalkeeper in my day and scored a goal. However it was a kick from hand on a plastic pitch, albeit full size. I was short sighted and hadn’t progressed to contact lenses so wasn’t even sure I’d scored till teammates cheered!

Phil in Northampton