Re: 2 Today and 2 by Saturday

I have no doubt that these signings will make or break this season.

This is, without doubt, the most important signings Flynn will make to date.

If he addresses the issues we now have in midfield with a lack of creativity and he gets a proven and reliable goal scorer in then we will go up.

If he relies on unproven youngsters and gambles then we will not.

It’s as stark as that for me.

Ironsider wrote:I have no doubt that these signings will make or break this season.

If he addresses the issues we now have in midfield with a lack of creativity and he gets a proven and reliable goal scorer in then we will go up.

100% agree

Ironsider wrote:I have no doubt that these signings will make or break this season.

I see your point. The caveat I would add is that that last October Scott Twine was just another unproven youngster.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I see your point. The caveat I would add is that that last October Scott Twine was just another unproven youngster.
The difference being it was the beginning of the season with survival in the league being the aim.
Now is different and the its best chance we have had to follow through and move up.

I hope it pays off :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Most of them stay unproven Stan, Scott was one of the exceptions.

100% agree. Equally, if we are lucky enough to get promoted I reckon there are about 4 or 5 who could hack it at the next level (and 2 of those play the same position).