Re: Not good

excessbee wrote:None of that makes sense. You can't say the match must be completed when there is no certainty the lights will be fixed. Surely the ref should half said 'half an hour' or I will have to abandon it. If need be, toss a coin.
Yep that's the general approach it's like if a player gets badly injured you would first of all approach the captain's and see if both sides want to carry on because a player is in truma if they do then you'd say ok we will give ambulance half hour or I'm calling it off

That's happened to me five six times over the years

Re: Not good

UPTHEPORT wrote:
excessbee wrote:None of that makes sense. You can't say the match must be completed when there is no certainty the lights will be fixed. Surely the ref should half said 'half an hour' or I will have to abandon it. If need be, toss a coin.
Yep that's the general approach it's like if a player gets badly injured you would first of all approach the captain's and see if both sides want to carry on because a player is in truma if they do then you'd say ok we will give ambulance half hour or I'm calling it off

That's happened to me five six times over the years
That’s eminently sensible. Imagine the situation of those players that night, hanging around for hours in the cold and dark, absolutely ludicrous. As you say, half an hour to fix or we all go home. In any case, at their age I’d have had a date waiting for me that I’d have wanted to get to for a bit of “ extra-time “