Re: Wilmott loaned to Exeter

A player that polarised opinion for me a steady squad member who could at times (and not often enough) deliver a great cross.
Not good enough or clever enough to be constantly played out of position - hopefully Exeter stick him out on the right wing so he can play to his strengths.
I won’t miss him, mainly because MF wrongly saw him as a utility player which he is not and so often got lost.

I agree with five of the last six posts that when used in his best position Robbie's contributions were spot on and usually resulted in a goal mainly due to his perfect crossing of the ball , but played in midfield he was not outstanding , but good Luck
Robbie, I hope will do OK, but not if we are your opponents Good Luck Robert !! Come on the Port...Bob Bassett

excessbee wrote:It's OK Bob, he's on loan. Won't be playing against us.
It's the last day of the season. We need to better the Exeter score to gain automatic promotion. We win and we all anxiously tune into the Exeter game who because of a long stoppage in play still have two minutes left to play. They are drawing 0-0. If only it stays like this we're promoted.

Late drama at St James Park. Six minutes into added time Robbie Willmott bursts through, smacks the ball into the top corner and wheels away to celebrate in front of the hoards of Devonian football fans.

You worry if you want to Bob. The loan system stinks.

https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/e ... 46/page-40

Looks like Exeter fans were pleased with Willmott's first start. Played as winger throughout in a 4 4 2 formation. Started on right wing, then switched to left (where he delivered a pin point cross for their 2nd goal), and finished on the right wing. If only Flynn had played him consistently as a winger, but we usually play 5 3 2.

IMO he was our only player who could deliver a good cross to our strikers.