Re: Trust Membership

Willthiswork wrote:At the moment the Trust sends over £7k a month to the club, with everyone pulling together we could get a lot more.

What are the reasons for and against people joining the Trust

Your thoughts, views and ideas please?
Do you think that the total lack of response to your perfectly reasonable enquirery is suggestive of the answer?

If the incumbent board were more open and engaging with the fans/owners of the club instead of treating Newport County as their own personal fiefdom then perhaps there would be greater confidence and interest.

Guess like many other trust members for me the sole reason for joining was to make a small contribution to the club's finances. I get regular updates emailed from the club-trust and some priority on tickets for 'big games'.
At the risk being a bit vague it does all seem a bit stale at the moment-probably worth mentioning that this is the second (or third?) 'trust' - the previous one being inspired by Alex Keegan (and called the 'Amber Army') if i recall correctly. That kinda fizzled out after a few years. Figure other 'trusts' suffer from the same issue - interest tails off after awhile. Perhaps a freshening up of the website and more incentive in terms of benefits and getting people to sign up would help. Just had a look - my membership entitles me to one hospitality game - which I have never followed up on as I prefer to stand but perhaps the trust could be following up on this kind of thing (etc). Perhaps the main issue is just that ppl have less money atm so I'm figuring the club-trust would be doing relatively well just to maintain numbers.

Just my 50 pence worth.

rgds Dave

Amberexile wrote:The trust is currently conducting a survey of its members
Hi Paul,

As you will be well aware of the concept I won't bore you with the theory of confirmation bias. Although I can't help but feel the Trust could do a lot worse than contacting it's former members and asking them why they left.

It might make for very uncomfortable reading but I firmly believe that one should never mistake a critic, even a severe critic, for an enemy.

i I think that there could be a little bit more consideration FROM the trust I have bought share , made a monthly donation of £10 per month, I do the County Lottery and recently though NOT being very adept with Computers (self taught) I ventured onto "I Follow" and including today I had managed to sit and view ONE game after making six or seven payments of £10 there are at this time2 or 3 matches paid for still on the computer. I had been on this forum asking and asking for assistance or help but not though I admit I did not reply to some of the responders I tried and failed--- the last game I did get to the match on this computer, I think thatsomeone from the club who covers this forum could have offered help and showed me how to get contact on the day if I asked for help which I did ask................................Come on the Port ..................Bob Bassett

I am also a lapsed member.

I had memberships running for me, my partner and three of the kids. Unfortunately the financial cost was not justifiable given the matchday costs of taking me and at least one other family member 20 plus times a season.

Plus the boy is in the academy which costs too, monthly subscriptions, an insistence on buying all the new kit every year.

Even without trust memberships, we must have been spending about £150 a month on the county. Just isn't affordable for most in this climate, and we're in a luckier position than most our age.

I'm not sure if there's anything that would change my mind to be honest, barring a pretty hefty pay rise.

One potential idea could be to market the hell out of it if or when we next win a first round FA cup tie and crowds are able to return. Some sort of one off 30 pound payment to guarantee you tickets at the games. That's the only attraction to most I think.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The trust is currently conducting a survey of its members
Hi Paul,

As you will be well aware of the concept I won't bore you with the theory of confirmation bias. Although I can't help but feel the Trust could do a lot worse than contacting it's former members and asking them why they left.

It might make for very uncomfortable reading but I firmly believe that one should never mistake a critic, even a severe critic, for an enemy.
I would say that would be impossible because of data protection laws