Re: Trust Membership

Willthiswork wrote:
JonD wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The trust is currently conducting a survey of its members
I will let everyone know if this also includes lapsed members.
How come you left?
It was to do with obtaining tickets for high profile matches. Trust members who don't live in Newport seem to fall between the cracks.

I wrote to the chief executive with some suggestions. My letter included an ultimatum whereby if he failed to respond then I would not renew my trust membership.

Guess what?

JonD wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
JonD wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The trust is currently conducting a survey of its members
I will let everyone know if this also includes lapsed members.
How come you left?
It was to do with obtaining tickets for high profile matches. Trust members who don't live in Newport seem to fall between the cracks.

I wrote to the chief executive with some suggestions. My letter included an ultimatum whereby if he failed to respond then I would not renew my trust membership.

Guess what?
Tough one JonD. I really wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

flat4 wrote:After last nights shambolic display it`s no wonder people are no longer prepared to part with anymore money, the fans are fed up with the same old excuses from the management and BOD.
As one the main investors into the club perhaps the Trust needs more membership = more money into the playing budget?

Willthiswork wrote:
flat4 wrote:After last nights shambolic display it`s no wonder people are no longer prepared to part with anymore money, the fans are fed up with the same old excuses from the management and BOD.
As one the main investors into the club perhaps the Trust needs more membership = more money into the playing budget?
Or less money and thereby increasing our risk of losing our EFL status?

Chicken and egg scenario.... Maybe if more people contributed beyond the '£50 and I've saved the club' point of view, or those who baled out when asked for more than £10 a year membership, a better financial situation would have enabled better player recruitment.

excessbee wrote:
Chicken and egg scenario.... Maybe if more people contributed beyond the '£50 and I've saved the club' point of view, or those who baled out when asked for more than £10 a year membership, a better financial situation would have enabled better player recruitment.
Absolutely agree. If people want better players and potentially a stadium in the future then the Supporters Trust is key to this. By contrast, Wimbledon have four times the amount of members in their trust than what we have.

An ex director has stated the board have given our manager the budget for a top 3 finish.
Regardless many moons ago i went to the riverside excited at the possibilty of being a part owner of my beloved club. An england legend in charge so I parted with a lot of money not just £50 friends said I was nuts.
Every year a season ticket was purchased plus a token £10 for the trust. tried easyfunding what a total waste of time
Amazon 0.5% spend £100 and give the club 50p.
i thought the club were greedy increasing the minimum BRONZE membership to £60 with not even a card to show for your cash.
I didn't purchase a season ticket this year as I knew we would not see the boys due to Covid so I will spend £460 on I follow instead.
Like Jon D stated have sent numerous mailings to Foxhall and others.
Apart from Alex the ex CEO never even got the courtesy of a reply.
I know this sounds trivial but in the back of my mind a £60 donation would go to players fund or Foxhall & Companies hospitality. Any way regardless no I am not a trust member have no intention of doing so but if needed will always be there if we hit hard times with a cash input.

bigfan wrote:An ex director has stated the board have given our manager the budget for a top 3 finish.
Regardless many moons ago i went to the riverside excited at the possibilty of being a part owner of my beloved club. An england legend in charge so I parted with a lot of money not just £50 friends said I was nuts.
Every year a season ticket was purchased plus a token £10 for the trust. tried easyfunding what a total waste of time
i thought the club were greedy increasing the minimum BRONZE membership to £60 with not even a card to show for your cash.
I didn't purchase a season ticket this year as I knew we would not see the boys due to Covid so I will spend £460 on I follow instead.
I know this sounds trivial but in the back of my mind a £60 donation would go to players fund or Foxhall & Companies hospitality. Any way regardless no I am not a trust member have no intention of doing so but if needed will always be there if we hit hard times with a cash input.
What would you like to see to improve Trust membership?

Mr Figo wrote:
bigfan wrote:An ex director has stated the board have given our manager the budget for a top 3 finish.
What would you like to see to improve Trust membership?
In reply and attention of Willthis work I discussed this subject with my best mate who like myself has not joined the trust since the increase from £10 to £60.

Why do we not join I asked.

Simple he stated its just the first word says it all.
Trust.