Re: Paul Tisdale sacked

I hope Flynn stays with us. A poor run of form in winter seems to be a fixture of Flynn’s management, but so does a significant improvement in springtime. If things follow their usual pattern, give it a couple of weeks, and we should see a return to winning ways. If we can hang on to the tails of the leading clubs over the next fortnight we should be set for a renewed promotion challenge. Crack on I say.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I hope Flynn stays with us. A poor run of form in winter seems to be a fixture of Flynn’s management, but so does a significant improvement in springtime. If things follow their usual pattern, give it a couple of weeks, and we should see a return to winning ways. If we can hang on to the tails of the leading clubs over the next fortnight we should be set for a renewed promotion challenge. Crack on I say.

Our form seems to coincide with the state of the pitch , don’t you think ???

Corpaboy wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I hope Flynn stays with us. A poor run of form in winter seems to be a fixture of Flynn’s management, but so does a significant improvement in springtime. If things follow their usual pattern, give it a couple of weeks, and we should see a return to winning ways. If we can hang on to the tails of the leading clubs over the next fortnight we should be set for a renewed promotion challenge. Crack on I say.

It’s certainly part of the problem but our form dips away from home as well, when playing on decent pitches.

Brizzle Rovers fans getting worked up over their expected appointment of Joseph Barton. Comparing his background and misdemeanours to when they sacked David Pipe.

I’m reading Barton’s autobiography at the moment, surprised me - he’s an intelligent bloke, appeared as a pundit on ‘Question Time’, studying for a degree etc. He’s also very honest in his book about the stupidly high wages he and others get.

FWIW, having read his book, I very much doubt he would be interested in a job outside the north west.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Brizzle Rovers fans getting worked up over their expected appointment of Joseph Barton. Comparing his background and misdemeanours to when they sacked David Pipe.

I’m reading Barton’s autobiography at the moment, surprised me - he’s an intelligent bloke, appeared as a pundit on ‘Question Time’, studying for a degree etc. He’s also very honest in his book about the stupidly high wages he and others get.

FWIW, having read his book, I very much doubt he would be interested in a job outside the north west.
He is nowhere near as bright as he thinks he is. He is also a thug.

Re: Paul Tisdale

Percy plunkett wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I like Tisdale as a Manager and if Flynn can't turn things around he'd be a decent replacement. But I'm not convinced he'd be interested in trying to get a team to play on the RP pitch 23 times a season. I'm fairly convinced the awful pitch would play a factor in any future Managers' decision to come to County.

Stan says it regularly - County need a new stadium. Even one rugby team and one football team is too much for the current pitch. And frankly County should be getting a refund on their rent this season for such a insubstantial surface...
We know we need to move from RP because this pitch has been and will be knackered every year after Christmas.We also know a new ground would cost approaching £20m,this out of reach unless one of Jim’s numbers wins the jackpot.The only other option is to save on the wasted £250k a year we invest in that pitch and reinvest it laying a new pitch up the road where only football is played.We then set about rebuilding the shed etc.Of course,this probably won’t happen because of a mildly annoying running track around the pitch.The main objection would be that there aren’t loads of pubs near the ground so,we stay in a ground close to the town centre with loads of pubs and the prospect of hoof ball every winter,forever and ever.That is the choice,unless one of us wins big on the lottery.
I think the pub and hoof ball combo does it for me, the alternative doesn't hold any attraction :bounce:

Bristolexile wrote:Odds: according to the Evening Post today

Tommy Widdrington (Temp Manager for Saturday) 4/7
Lee Mansel 6/1
Joey Barton 8/1
Ian Holloway 12/1
Byron Anthony 14/1
Nigel Adkins 16/1.

Keith Curle is also throwing his hat in the ring.

No mention of Michael Flynn.
Holloway and Adkins tasty odds. Holloway prob happy with Sky These days though. A quid on Adkins

Corpaboy wrote:

That, and good cup runs in recent years maybe leaving the squad stretched too thing. Reliance on loan players having to return to parent clubs in January and an inevitable rebuild afterwards as well. There's a number of factors but it has certainly become a trend in recent years.

For the record, I am firmly Flynn-in for the time being. I'd be interested to hear what other managers, who would realistically take the position, could do a better job.