Re: Port Vale Match off

faerun exile wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:Not many Tuesdays left to fit the rearranged fixture.
I think we still have 2 or 3 free Tuesdays. Better than some for sure. Carlisle don't have a free midweek until May.
Available Tuesdays:
16th March
23rd March
30th March
No game scheduled for 6th April but they play on the Monday

27th April
4th May

This coming Tuesdays game v Exeter may fall foul to rain.

I did see that Wigan v Oxford was called off today as well and they've agreed to try again on Sunday to play the game then. Makes much more sense than waiting for a free Tuesday. Granted, leaves little recovery time before their matches this coming Tuesday - but still probably more sensible if teams have already travelled and are prepared for the game anyway. Given how many postponements there have been, most sides will probably end up playing thrice a week come April so they might as well try to have a few congested weeks now to spread it more easily.

You would think with all the money sloshing around football that the EFL itself could invest in some domes/heaters that they could loan out to those clubs needing them as and when. OK this week might be an exception but usually the cold weather is restricted to certain areas - in the scheme of things buying a dozen or so would be chicken feed to the EFL.

excessbee wrote:I doubt that Oxford to Wigan would involve Friday travel and an overnight stop. More likely there is no chance for tomorrow but the rise in temperature gives a 50/50 chance for Sunday so Oxford are prepared to be on standby for an early Sunday morning decision.
Quite so, old thing. I suppose my point was that I can't see an immediate reason why our game couldn't also have been delayed by 24hrs given how few Tuesday nights we'll have free in the months ahead.