Re: Port Vale Match off

I don’t see why evening games are played at 7-8pm during lockdown, why not play at 1pm when the weather may be better, no need to fire up the expensive floodlights etc? It can only be to allow the working man to watch games online after work.

Oxford will be busting a gut to play this weekend because they’re on a good run, 1 loss in 10, plus Wigan are hardly in great form so putting the game off for a few weeks might disrupt all that. If I was Flynny I would be grateful for the break today, and get the team playing, say, Bristol City U23 in a friendly to hopefully get back that winning habit and confidence.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I don’t see why evening games are played at 7-8pm during lockdown, why not play at 1pm when the weather may be better, no need to fire up the expensive floodlights etc? It can only be to allow the working man to watch games online after work.
I guess you’re right - fewer people would be able to watch / listen on iFollow because of work commitments during the day, which would have a deleterious impact on one of the few revenue streams clubs have at the moment. But if it means the season gets completed, clubs may be forced into it.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I don’t see why evening games are played at 7-8pm during lockdown, why not play at 1pm when the weather may be better, no need to fire up the expensive floodlights etc? It can only be to allow the working man to watch games online after work.
I guess you’re right - fewer people would be able to watch / listen on iFollow because of work commitments during the day, which would have a deleterious impact on one of the few revenue streams clubs have at the moment. But if it means the season gets completed, clubs may be forced into it.
I think people are over reacting to a postponement- happens every year.

mad norm wrote:What happens when a match is postponed?
Do the players have a 90 min runabout?
Do they have a this is a goal try aiming at it workshop?
Maybe they just go home and water the houseplants
Any ideas?
Labs slide-tackles his kids and asks his wife to show him a yellow card.

Ryan Taylor runs around farmers’ fields trying to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

Nick Townsend shouts at his neighbours until they’re standing in a neat line as a wall, contrary to COVID restrictions.