Re: National League looks unsustainable

George Street-Bridge wrote:Highly recommend the Wealdstone statement above for setting out the situation. Good on them if they do decide against taking on debt recklessly.
Totally agree. Fantastic to see a chairman of a football club do the the right thing. And not give way to powerful vested interests. And to be upfront about what he is doing and why. If I were a Wealdstone fan and I'm not: and if I disagreed with him, and I don't: I would nonetheless still commend any chair of a football club on such openness and transparency with the supporters.

Re: National League looks unsustainable

Of course they have been there before, well within living memory. Around the time NAFC started up they sold their old ground for a supermarket and invested the proceeds in a share of Watford's Vicarage Road. It might even have been a half stake.

Of course they couldn't keep up with their share of the ongoing bills and they were soon out on their ear. When we played them in the Trophy in 2010-11 they hadn't long been back in a ground of their own.