Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Exeter

Special branch wrote:If I ever get to the gates of heaven I hope Stan Einstein has not taken over St. Peter's role as ,with his forensic and extremely annoying eye I would be ' lucky ' to be admitted to league 1 . However, he is right about the reality of managers being sacked. I f we have any ambition Flynn should go. Yes he has done well but so did Addison and Beadle and they did well despite Beadle's foibles. We need to progress on and offvthe pitch and yes ' a decent playing surface is more important than a few pubs nearby.
Start playing Baker at right back and PF is better than LK so put him in position.
Excuse me? I know I can be sarcastic, sometimes caustic. I am perhaps not the easiest of people to rub along with. But I'd let you in if I was on the Pearly Gates. I give you I might give myself 10 seconds of pleasure making Percy and GSB sweat it before I'd give them the nod but I am not vindictive like that. :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny will always be remembered and thanked for the great escape,it was brave to take on a job that looked doomed,fair play to him for taking it on and saving us.He did have some luck on the way,three 1-0 home wins in April,Joe Day with a tremendous save in injury time against Crawley,Zoko poking a shot into the side netting last kick against Yeovil,last kick free kick just over the bar against Acrington.If one of those had gone in then we would have gone down.Hartlepool helped by losing at home to Barnet,who had nothing to play for and they managed to lose at Orient who were practically down.If they had drawn those games then we were down.It then still took,that goal,by OB to save us.Flynny was very naive at Plymouth,trying to attack when we were already three down,he should have shut up shop at three nil,that would have cost us but for OB.My problem is that Flynny seems just as naive now,four years on with tactics.Go one up and sit back,throw four forwards on to get a goal.It worked in May 17 but,it doesn't very often but,he still does it.

He didn't just save us from relegation though did he, just 2 years later he got us to the play off final as well as making a small fortune from cup runs.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Special branch wrote:If I ever get to the gates of heaven I hope Stan Einstein has not taken over St. Peter's role as ,with his forensic and extremely annoying eye I would be ' lucky ' to be admitted to league 1 . However, he is right about the reality of managers being sacked. I f we have any ambition Flynn should go. Yes he has done well but so did Addison and Beadle and they did well despite Beadle's foibles. We need to progress on and offvthe pitch and yes ' a decent playing surface is more important than a few pubs nearby.
Start playing Baker at right back and PF is better than LK so put him in position.
Excuse me? I know I can be sarcastic, sometimes caustic. I am perhaps not the easiest of people to rub along with. But I'd let you in if I was on the Pearly Gates. I give you I might give myself 10 seconds of pleasure making Percy and GSB sweat it before I'd give them the nod but I am not vindictive like that. :grin:
It's not Mr Einstein or even St Peter who will let you into heaven but only faith in Jesus, who died to give you eternal life. No Jesus no life. Know Jesus know life.

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
It's not Mr Einstein or even St Peter who will let you into heaven but only faith in Jesus, who died to give you eternal life. No Jesus no life. Know Jesus know life.
Apologies to the original Scouse wit, but there is really only one response to that:

Jesus saves, but BlackandAmber gets it on the rebound. :grin: :cheers:

pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Apologies to the original Scouse wit, but there is really only one response to that:

Wow, what an honour to be considered in the same light as Kenny Dalglish. Seriously though Pembs this is one subject I never joke about.

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Wow, what an honour to be considered in the same light as Kenny Dalglish. Seriously though Pembs this is one subject I never joke about.
Perhaps you should. I am pretty sure that he would have had a sense of humour.

pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes Jesus had a sense of humour, but I can't imagine him joking about his death on the cross and why it was necessary.

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes Jesus had a sense of humour, but I can't imagine him joking about his death on the cross and why it was necessary.
If you seriously think that I was making a joke about that, then you have a warped understanding of what I meant. No more discussion from me. Ends.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny will always be remembered and thanked for the great escape,it was brave to take on a job that looked doomed,fair play to him for taking it on and saving us.He did have some luck on the way,three 1-0 home wins in April,Joe Day with a tremendous save in injury time against Crawley,Zoko poking a shot into the side netting last kick against Yeovil,last kick free kick just over the bar against Acrington.If one of those had gone in then we would have gone down.Hartlepool helped by losing at home to Barnet,who had nothing to play for and they managed to lose at Orient who were practically down.If they had drawn those games then we were down.It then still took,that goal,by OB to save us.Flynny was very naive at Plymouth,trying to attack when we were already three down,he should have shut up shop at three nil,that would have cost us but for OB.My problem is that Flynny seems just as naive now,four years on with tactics.Go one up and sit back,throw four forwards on to get a goal.It worked in May 17 but,it doesn't very often but,he still does it.

He didn't just save us from relegation though did he, just 2 years later he got us to the play off final as well as making a small fortune from cup runs.
Yes,he got us to Wembley but,we lost,his subs were all wrong which contributed to the lose.Curle got Northampton to Wembley and they won but,he has now still been sacked.He has made us money in cup runs but,has wasted a chunk of it on dud signings.