Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Exeter

Mr Figo wrote:Why would the Club sack a manager that is five points from Cambridge with two games in hand?

Win against Forest Green on Sat and things will look completely different.

Yes - it's not been great but we have had runs like this before and the season before last still made the playoffs. We were very lucky to get Cooper and Twine but there was probably a reason why their clubs agreed to short term loans - because their ability is above League Two.

Why would we financially shot ourselves in the foot now by sacking Flynn? If that happened then it is likely to have a further financial effect as it could mean Hatswell and the rest of the coaching staff would potentially have to be paid off if a new manager came in. Would you really want the Club to do that in the current circumstances?
Spot on Mr Figo someone talking sence

I'd like to know where those calling for Flynny head when we where on the amazing run

Where where these people when Flynny did the virtual impossible and kept us in the football league

Where have these people been on our amazing Cup runs which have brought in a absolute fortunate for a Club this size

We are on a bad run but I'm sure Flynny will sort it

Incredulous the Happy clapping on here. That was truly awful as have been every game since early December. we are so lucky to be 5th still due to swings and roundabouts everywhere else.
this garbage that we are small club with a low budget is rubbish. as Rob sant stated yesterday the borad have given our manager a top 3 budget. A total hero with the cup runs but cluelss with tactics in the bread and butter matches. At very least Wayne must go. No inovative tactics these days just imo taking the wage and going through the motions. 31 shots 16 corners you really cannot make it up against 9 men and the comment was 2a point gained2 thats a sackable quote.

bigfan wrote:Incredulous the Happy clapping on here. That was truly awful as have been every game since early December. we are so lucky to be 5th still due to swings and roundabouts everywhere else.
this garbage that we are small club with a low budget is rubbish. as Rob sant stated yesterday the borad have given our manager a top 3 budget. A total hero with the cup runs but cluelss with tactics in the bread and butter matches. At very least Wayne must go. No inovative tactics these days just imo taking the wage and going through the motions. 31 shots 16 corners you really cannot make it up against 9 men and the comment was 2a point gained2 thats a sackable quote.
Why are you blaming Hatswell?

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.ph ... prediction

We are still out performing pretty much everyone's expectations.

Considering the amount of time and effort that goes into berating the club from the boardroom to the blades of grass, there seems to be HIGH expectations despite the short comings of the club, of which we are consistently reminded of around here. Especially when we are performing better than some of you predicted.

Sack the manager while we a 5th? You people are laughable. Try and support the boys.

Mr Figo wrote:
bigfan wrote:Incredulous the Happy clapping on here. That was truly awful as have been every game since early December. we are so lucky to be 5th still due to swings and roundabouts everywhere else.
As above.
its down to hatswell. as i said clearly above you never see anything innovative anymore. Every game when we were flying and in the cup we tried various dead ball corners freekicks even throw ins. All gone. Correct me if i am wrong but Flynny relies on wayne for set moves and we have zero these days. got to go.

Papski2 wrote:http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.ph ... prediction

We are still out performing pretty much everyone's expectations.

Considering the amount of time and effort that goes into berating the club from the boardroom to the blades of grass, there seems to be HIGH expectations despite the short comings of the club, of which we are consistently reminded of around here. Especially when we are performing better than some of you predicted.

Sack the manager while we a 5th? You people are laughable. Try and support the boys.
"we are still outperforming pretty much everyones expectations" are you for real?

The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I won't hold back

MF needs to be replaced NOW

Tonight is the straw that IMO broke the camels back.
We have been poor since early December. Our results back this up. One win in the last 10..That against the team at the bottom of the league, who out played us in the first half and should have been a few goals up before we scored. Guess what, they managed to play football on the pitch that seems to be the get out clause MF and WH keep using as excuses for their failings.
How much longer can MF live with him saving us from the drop a few seasons ago?

The BOD backed him in the window by signing a striker we couldn't really afford. We already had 6 strikers at the club,. How many does he need?
What he failed to do was address our lack of creativity. We could have Messi and Kane playing up front for us but he would make them look ordinary because of the service they would get.

I am one of Wilmotts biggest critics on here. Since MF got rid of him and Abrahams to help finance Maynard wages he has changed the formation to 4-4- 2..Using wingers. The only position Willmott should have played. He used him as a central midfielder or wingback but never in his only position?????
Only a manager who doesn't know what he is doing could do that.

He didn't even have the balls to face the press after last night's shambles, sending out WH... Why was that? Scared the press may ask him a few uncomfortable questions about his management???

Sorry, I know the pitch is awful but to keep using it as THE EXCUSE for our poor performances is wearing a bit thin..
Playing against 9 men for 45 mins... against 10 for 81 minutes and putting on a performance like that.. Only 5 shots on target is not down to the pitch

Sacking Mike Flynn, and his assistant Wayne Hatswell now would be a big mistake. Our season would be over. Just sacking the manager and his assistant does not guarantee success. Who would you suggest we bring in to replace Mike Flynn?

Tell me, when was the last time you had anything good to say about Newport County and Mike Flynn?
Got to come in here unless you have I follow wherever you are in the world how can you comment. i thought you hated our board but clearly from afar have no probs with our management?

Exile 1976 wrote:Can't believe we have a top 3 budget with the likes of Salford, Tranmere, FGR, Exeter, Orient, Bolton, Bradford & Mansfield in the league. Would be very surprised if that's the case.
if Rob sant states thats the case i believe it.
The wording was I believe to get us a top 3 place.

bigfan wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Can't believe we have a top 3 budget with the likes of Salford, Tranmere, FGR, Exeter, Orient, Bolton, Bradford & Mansfield in the league. Would be very surprised if that's the case.

The Board and Flynny probably felt the budget given would help them get top three but I very much doubt our budget is that of those teams that I have mentioned.

Exile 1976 wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The Board and Flynny probably felt the budget given would help them get top three but I very much doubt our budget is that of those teams that I have mentioned.
Very fair comment.

bigfan wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
As above.
its down to hatswell. as i said clearly above you never see anything innovative anymore. Every game when we were flying and in the cup we tried various dead ball corners freekicks even throw ins. All gone. Correct me if i am wrong but Flynny relies on wayne for set moves and we have zero these days. got to go.
Sorry, I disagree. There are more variables in this than just Hatswell, who of course holds as much responsibility as anyone else on the playing and coaching staff.

bigfan wrote: "we are still outperforming pretty much everyones expectations" are you for real?
Was your expectations that we would be 5th in the middle of February? Then fair play.

Was your expectations that we would be 5th in the middle of February and that the manager should be sacked for it? Then what's the lottery numbers tonight.

What do people want from this club? Terrible boardroom, terrible management, terrible pitch, terrible players, terrible leadership... bUt WhY ArEnT wE ToP?!?!?!

bigfan wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Very fair comment.

Either way though, the performances over the last dozen games simply hasn't been good enough, regardless of budget.The pitch can't be to blame as we've been stinking out games away from home on better pitches.
Flynny has to turn this around asap as if we keep playing poorly, and losing, as much as it pains me to say it, his job has to be on the line