Know anyone???

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Know anyone???

Postby Willthiswork » February 16th, 2021, 4:10 pm

User

Trev

Re: Know anyone???

Postby Trev » February 16th, 2021, 6:48 pm

4.15 per hour ffs wont exactly be queueing up will they
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » February 16th, 2021, 6:51 pm

Trev wrote:4.15 per hour ffs wont exactly be queueing up will they

It will go up to a whopping £4.30 in April though.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » February 16th, 2021, 7:56 pm

It is an apprenticeship course and you come out of it with a qualification.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » February 16th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Willthiswork wrote:It is an apprenticeship course and you come out of it with a qualification.

Do you get your coaching badges for it or,is that collecting six coupons off corn flakes packets.
no avatar
User

Glasllwch Goalkeeper

Postby Glasllwch Goalkeeper » February 16th, 2021, 9:56 pm

Willthiswork wrote:https://www.acttraining.org.uk/vacancies/media-assistant-apprentice/

Company Overview:
Newport County AFC continue to overachieve both on and off the field. As a result, the club continues to expand it media presence across its various platforms. © 2019
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » February 18th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Glasllwch Goalkeeper wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:https://www.acttraining.org.uk/vacancies/media-assistant-apprentice/

Company Overview:
Newport County AFC continue to overachieve both on and off the field. As a result, the club continues to expand it media presence across its various platforms. © 2019

Glad that Newport County AFC can achieve a laugh from me off the field because I'm aghast at their current performances on the field. If this is overachievement can we go back to plodding along. It was an easier watch...
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 18th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Company Overview:

When one analyses that which is said one can often discern the truth. Self praise is no praise but careful examination of what is said is often revealing.

I would therefore like to point out that in their own words the performance of Messrs Foxall, Ward, et al off the pitch is as accomplished as is the performance of Newport County on the pitch.

Gavin, Kev. I don't rate you it's true. Nonetheless I hate to see such self loathing in anyone. :grin:
no avatar
User

Glasllwch Goalkeeper

Postby Glasllwch Goalkeeper » February 19th, 2021, 1:36 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Company Overview:

When one analyses that which is said one can often discern the truth. Self praise is no praise but careful examination of what is said is often revealing.

I would therefore like to point out that in their own words the performance of Messrs Foxall, Ward, et al off the pitch is as accomplished as is the performance of Newport County on the pitch.

Gavin, Kev. I don't rate you it's true. Nonetheless I hate to see such self loathing in anyone. :grin:

"Newport County AFC continue" / "the club continues". Subject-verb inconsistency in the boardroom = dressing room lost.
no avatar
User

Melling's equaliser

Just off Stow Hill

Postby Melling's equaliser » February 19th, 2021, 8:23 am

Salary: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - Currently £4.15 per hour

There are 4 other apprenticeships on the same page at the same rate.

So, if you 'know anyone' who wants an apprenticeship this seems to be what they'll get.

If you think that it's too low, blame the UK Government.
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » February 19th, 2021, 9:09 am

Mellings post is spot on surprising what a bit of factual research does.

I spoke to the current media manager last week about the history of the the Jena game and he said he initially volunteered with the club to get experience so this is a definite step in the right direction and a great opportunity to gain real experience at a football league club with a qualification at the end of it.

No doubt if the club at paid for example £5 an hour somebody would've criticised them for chucking money away and paying over the required rate.