Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

ajs

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby ajs » February 21st, 2021, 4:47 pm

We've had good playing surfaces away and been very poor, Flynn said there were two mistakes, he's right the set-up and team selection.
The chairman needs to grow a pair put him on gardening leave until his contract ends or he find alternative employment. We were sneeking wins at the begining of the season based on a sound defence, we still had very little creativity in midfied and little or nothing up front, it's all caught up on us and Flynn has no idea how to get out of it. Southend beat us, Grimsby outplayed for a long while. nine men of Exeter held us I could go on!!!
no avatar
User

flat4

Behind the wheel on the road to no where

Postby flat4 » February 21st, 2021, 4:50 pm

flat4 wrote:Possession = Newport 66% Forest Green 34%

Passes = Newport 192 Forest Green 98

Shots = Newport 3 Forest Green 3

Shots on target = Newport 1 Forest Green 1

Shots blocked = Newport 0 Forest Green 1

Forest Green happy to let us run our self`s into the ground and pick us of at will in the first half, second half needs a total re-think by MF or it will be more of the same sadly.

Stats at Full Time (+8 extra time)

Possession = Newport 66% Forest Green 34%

Passes = Newport 369 Forest Green 233

Shots = Newport 8 Forest Green 5

Shots on target = Newport 1 Forest Green 3

Shots blocked = Newport 1 Forest Green 1

Shooting Accuracy = Newport 13% Forest Green 60%

Crosses = Newport 27 Forest Green 8

Crossing Accuracy = Newport 15% Forest Green 13%

Need I go on, what the hell do they get told in training to produce a performance like todays, I've said it before MF lost the dressing room months ago.

Stands back awaiting your answers.
no avatar
User

Goals win Matches

Newport

Postby Goals win Matches » February 21st, 2021, 5:17 pm

Friends say I complain about the strikers but that I should complain more about the service.
I agree that the service has not been good but even when the chances do come we do not benefit from them.
Look at the statistic:

Shooting Accuracy: Newport County 13%, Forest Green 60%..................enough said.

This has been a problem since Day 1 of the season- even when we were top we were usually scoring only one- sometimes two goals. How manhy times have we scored 3 - not to mention 4 or 5 in a match!
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » February 21st, 2021, 5:26 pm

Tactics,why is Sheehan playing so deep.Why was he trotting across to pick the ball up level with our penalty area.He was playing behind Labs,who is there to stop the opposition playing but he doesn’t create anything.He was behind Hartigan,who is a DM player,even at the end,he was still deep.Surely,he should be on the edge of their box trying to thread balls through,the same last Tuesday.Are we trying not to score.
no avatar
User

bigfan

Postby bigfan » February 21st, 2021, 5:28 pm

Pitch a total disgrace.
Performance again at total disgrace.
tactics a total disgrace.
Management a total disgrace.
But we are still in 7th place. Totally unbelievable
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » February 21st, 2021, 5:34 pm

ajs wrote:We've had good playing surfaces away and been very poor, Flynn said there were two mistakes, he's right the set-up and team selection.
The chairman needs to grow a pair put him on gardening leave until his contract ends or he find alternative employment. We were sneeking wins at the begining of the season based on a sound defence, we still had very little creativity in midfied and little or nothing up front, it's all caught up on us and Flynn has no idea how to get out of it. Southend beat us, Grimsby outplayed for a long while. nine men of Exeter held us I could go on!!!

You forgot to mention that he saved us from relegation three years ago.....

If Mrs Flynn had let him take the Lincoln job he would have been off in a heartbeat.... Why should we show him loyalty for the current situation ?
If he wasn't a local lad or did what he did three seasons ago this board would be in meltdown for him to be sacked.
As I have said, many times.... Thanks for what you did, you deserve every plaudit on your CV for it but likewise you deserve sacking for the current form and performances you and your team has shown since December 12th 2020

MF has continued to blame the pitch. Yes I agree, it's awful and not fit for purpose.....

BUT

You knew it was coming (lol),,, we have won once in the last 12 games... 50% of those games haven't been played on the RP pitch.... What were those poor performances / results down to ??????
no avatar
User

Coxy

Postby Coxy » February 21st, 2021, 8:33 pm

Yes we lost to them but i don't think Fgr have a stronger squad than us plus i didn't think they played that well. We seem to lack urgency. I spent half the game watching the clock ticking down. We only started playing with 5 mins to go and again when we realised we had 6 added minutes. Start Lewis he looks good to me. A win at Walsall and we're well in with a shout. Sadly, i see us losing wednesday night.
no avatar
User

RedandAmber

Postby RedandAmber » February 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm

Nothing short of disgraceful embarrassing and unacceptable form .
Previous