Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Lack of creativity in midfield.
Just passing sideways or backwards.
I'd consider dropping Sheehan, he's not doing a lot lately, gets pushed off the ball too easily, lots of twists and pirouettes but little substance, I would even try Podge in midfield at least he knows about going forward.
Haynes' crosses are easy flights into the box for the keeper to catch or they go over r the bar.
Why take off Maynard?
I bet some of these guys on loan are asking themselves why did I come here.

pembsexile wrote:
gazza wrote:Wonder if we looked as bad as we sounded?
It wasn’t exactly woeful but it certainly wasn’t good. We did have more possession but didn’t create any chances at all. Apart from the open goal header in the first half we didn’t have a decent chance.

I just wonder if the pitch and the fact that we don’t seem to have many players signed up for next season is affecting the players. They have to wonder where we will be playing football in a year or so. Abysmal pitch. The efl will probably take action soon.
When have the EFL ever taken action on a pitch particularly as games are not being postponed- watching too much Premier League. The pitch is poor but hey they all were in years gone by and take a look at Quest rather than Sky and you will see a number of pitches like ours.

Fu Ming wrote:Lack of creativity in midfield.
Just passing sideways or backwards.
I'd consider dropping Sheehan, he's not doing a lot lately, gets pushed off the ball too easily, lots of twists and pirouettes but little substance, I would even try Podge in midfield at least he knows about going forward.
Haynes' crosses are easy flights into the box for the keeper to catch or they go over r the bar.
Why take off Maynard?
I bet some of these guys on loan are asking themselves why did I come here.
Good post agree with all you say - Sheehan is a bit overrated has lacked a final ball or ability to punish opposition all year.

lowandhard wrote:Can we go home now, Dad?
This was my post on the half hour because I was feeling like my kids must have felt when I dragged them to the game all those years ago. Watching this clueless crap is doing my head in. No creativity whatsoever, nobody who can run at a defence and cause havoc, the team ( like me ) is losing the will to live.
Need new ideas, that’s for sure. How about pushing the young lad Farquharson to play a bit more forward at least he has a bit of enthusiasm and joie de vivre. We looked livelier with Ellison and Podge, Kevin looks faster than Scrimshaw to whom he could give at least 20 years I suspect.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Papski2 wrote:The only thing more disappointing than the form is the knicker wetting.
Probably the most ridiculous post of 2021 thus far. Still with over ten months of the year to go I wouldn't be betting it wins the annual award come Christmas.
Worth an EW bet though. I wonder what sort of form we would have to exhibit before Mr Papski the 2nd would need a change of underwear eh?

County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
It wasn’t exactly woeful but it certainly wasn’t good. We did have more possession but didn’t create any chances at all. Apart from the open goal header in the first half we didn’t have a decent chance.

I just wonder if the pitch and the fact that we don’t seem to have many players signed up for next season is affecting the players. They have to wonder where we will be playing football in a year or so. Abysmal pitch. The efl will probably take action soon.
When have the EFL ever taken action on a pitch particularly as games are not being postponed- watching too much Premier League. The pitch is poor but hey they all were in years gone by and take a look at Quest rather than Sky and you will see a number of pitches like ours.
My point is that the pitch seems to be affecting the players. They seem fed up playing on it whoever we play or what ever team we field. The pitch has got progressively worse since December. That coincides with our poor run of form.

The state of pitches in the past has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the state of pitches today. People expect better. That pitch is a shambles. Other teams see able to play better on it than us lately. It is one of the worst I have ever seen in this day and age.

pembsexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

My point is that the pitch seems to be affecting the players. They seem fed up playing on it whoever we play or what ever team we field. The pitch has got progressively worse since December. That coincides with our poor run of form.

The state of pitches in the past has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the state of pitches today. People expect better. That pitch is a shambles. Other teams see able to play better on it than us lately. It is one of the worst I have ever seen in this day and age.
Should it not give us home advantage, as we should be used to it and deploy tactics to manage it?

neilcork68 wrote:
Trev wrote:So was it Barca or the crazy gang approach today I cdnt bear to watch today just checked scores now and then

No it was the MF throw on as many strikers as you can even though you didnt address the fact that we have no creative players to create chances for them.
OK the pitch is shite but FGR managed to play on it and score 2 goals...we had 1 shot on target even with 6 strikers on the pitch

I disagree with you there mate, I felt we played better football (and we were shit) than FGR