Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby County ranger » February 21st, 2021, 3:49 pm

pembsexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
gazza wrote:Wonder if we looked as bad as we sounded?


It wasn’t exactly woeful but it certainly wasn’t good. We did have more possession but didn’t create any chances at all. Apart from the open goal header in the first half we didn’t have a decent chance.

I just wonder if the pitch and the fact that we don’t seem to have many players signed up for next season is affecting the players. They have to wonder where we will be playing football in a year or so. Abysmal pitch. The efl will probably take action soon.

When have the EFL ever taken action on a pitch particularly as games are not being postponed- watching too much Premier League. The pitch is poor but hey they all were in years gone by and take a look at Quest rather than Sky and you will see a number of pitches like ours.


My point is that the pitch seems to be affecting the players. They seem fed up playing on it whoever we play or what ever team we field. The pitch has got progressively worse since December. That coincides with our poor run of form.

The state of pitches in the past has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the state of pitches today. People expect better. That pitch is a shambles. Other teams see able to play better on it than us lately. It is one of the worst I have ever seen in this day and age.

Should it not give us home advantage, as we should be used to it and deploy tactics to manage it?
User avatar
User

JonD

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby JonD » February 21st, 2021, 3:49 pm

Other teams play on it once a season. It's got to be fatiguing playing on it once a week.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby Exile 1976 » February 21st, 2021, 3:50 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Trev wrote:So was it Barca or the crazy gang approach today I cdnt bear to watch today just checked scores now and then



No it was the MF throw on as many strikers as you can even though you didnt address the fact that we have no creative players to create chances for them.
OK the pitch is shite but FGR managed to play on it and score 2 goals...we had 1 shot on target even with 6 strikers on the pitch




I disagree with you there mate, I felt we played better football (and we were shit) than FGR
no avatar
User

Bristolexile

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby Bristolexile » February 21st, 2021, 3:51 pm

Mr Flynn a question for you. Which 10 games are we going to win to be there or there abouts ???
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 21st, 2021, 3:53 pm

I was angry earlier but calmed down a bit now

Anyway as a local ref I always try and be balanced but today two red card's where missed for them and one for us last minute
The ref was shocking

But doesn't take away we are playing poorly on a dreadful pitch as Jon was saying we play on it regularly but can't cope
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby pembsexile » February 21st, 2021, 3:57 pm

JonD wrote:Other teams play on it once a season. It's got to be fatiguing playing on it once a week.


You beat me to it again Jon. I think it is in the players heads that ‘we have to play on that bloody pitch again’. Other teams once a season. Us, every other bloody week.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby pembsexile » February 21st, 2021, 4:00 pm

County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
gazza wrote:Wonder if we looked as bad as we sounded?


It wasn’t exactly woeful but it certainly wasn’t good. We did have more possession but didn’t create any chances at all. Apart from the open goal header in the first half we didn’t have a decent chance.

I just wonder if the pitch and the fact that we don’t seem to have many players signed up for next season is affecting the players. They have to wonder where we will be playing football in a year or so. Abysmal pitch. The efl will probably take action soon.

When have the EFL ever taken action on a pitch particularly as games are not being postponed- watching too much Premier League. The pitch is poor but hey they all were in years gone by and take a look at Quest rather than Sky and you will see a number of pitches like ours.


My point is that the pitch seems to be affecting the players. They seem fed up playing on it whoever we play or what ever team we field. The pitch has got progressively worse since December. That coincides with our poor run of form.

The state of pitches in the past has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the state of pitches today. People expect better. That pitch is a shambles. Other teams see able to play better on it than us lately. It is one of the worst I have ever seen in this day and age.

Should it not give us home advantage, as we should be used to it and deploy tactics to manage it?


Think you have missed my point. I think the players are fed up with it. People say ‘it’s the same for both teams’. Yes it is, but we play on it more often. I suspect that is affecting the players.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 21st, 2021, 4:02 pm

pembsexile wrote:
JonD wrote:Other teams play on it once a season. It's got to be fatiguing playing on it once a week.


You beat me to it again Jon. I think it is in the players heads that ‘we have to play on that bloody pitch again’. Other teams once a season. Us, every other bloody week.


Yep that's why I think we have to give Flynny some slack the board should be banging on the egg chasers doors and get a temporary fix such as Swansea did or ask for money back
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby Percy plunkett » February 21st, 2021, 4:03 pm

Fu Ming wrote:Can't even get a corner kick into the box

Only Dolan can,as I said before KO but,he was unused sub.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby neilcork68 » February 21st, 2021, 4:06 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Trev wrote:So was it Barca or the crazy gang approach today I cdnt bear to watch today just checked scores now and then



No it was the MF throw on as many strikers as you can even though you didnt address the fact that we have no creative players to create chances for them.
OK the pitch is shite but FGR managed to play on it and score 2 goals...we had 1 shot on target even with 6 strikers on the pitch




I disagree with you there mate, I felt we played better football (and we were shit) than FGR


Whats the point of having so much possession and creating nothing ?
One shot on target during the whole game....
FGR adapted better to the conditions and defended deep waiting for us to make mistakes, which we did.
Pathetic service from out wide to our 6 strikers, taking off strikers and replacing them with others yet failing to address the problem of lack of creativity and service to the strikers , failing to put any decent crosses in , cant beat the first man when taking corners.

Next game on Wednesday he will do exactly the same only change the strikers around to start off with again because it didnt work today . If it aint working he will replace the strikers or bring on more.. He still wont address the problem of NO service to them.
I would start with Labs and Bennett( is he back ?) and Dolan sitting in front of the back 5 of Shep, LK , Farquharson , Demetriou and Haynes , Telford as the number 10 / playmaker with Maynard up front and hopefully snatch a draw at the very least
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby pembsexile » February 21st, 2021, 4:19 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
JonD wrote:Other teams play on it once a season. It's got to be fatiguing playing on it once a week.


You beat me to it again Jon. I think it is in the players heads that ‘we have to play on that bloody pitch again’. Other teams once a season. Us, every other bloody week.


Yep that's why I think we have to give Flynny some slack the board should be banging on the egg chasers doors and get a temporary fix such as Swansea did or ask for money back


It is certainly not MF fault that we have that pitch. I just think he has a monumental headache trying to motivate the players to play on it at the moment. I do not envy him at all. No idea what the result will be but you watch for a better performance from us away in the week. It will happen.

I have no idea (clueless actually) how MF will motivate them to do better on that pitch. If things don’t improve soon, all our excellent early season work will go down the pan because of that pathetic pitch. The players know what they will expect before they’d even go outside. However, MF is the Manager, not me. He has been dealt a bad hand. It’s how he deals with it that matters.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby Percy plunkett » February 21st, 2021, 4:19 pm

Jamma had two years of hopeless passes in his general direction,now he’s left,he had a perfect pass to feet for him to run onto,you couldn’t make it up could you.Sheehan ambled toward the ball and just pokes it straight to him,I still can’t believe it,he plays for Wales.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby County ranger » February 21st, 2021, 4:32 pm

pembsexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
gazza wrote:Wonder if we looked as bad as we sounded?


It wasn’t exactly woeful but it certainly wasn’t good. We did have more possession but didn’t create any chances at all. Apart from the open goal header in the first half we didn’t have a decent chance.

I just wonder if the pitch and the fact that we don’t seem to have many players signed up for next season is affecting the players. They have to wonder where we will be playing football in a year or so. Abysmal pitch. The efl will probably take action soon.

When have the EFL ever taken action on a pitch particularly as games are not being postponed- watching too much Premier League. The pitch is poor but hey they all were in years gone by and take a look at Quest rather than Sky and you will see a number of pitches like ours.


My point is that the pitch seems to be affecting the players. They seem fed up playing on it whoever we play or what ever team we field. The pitch has got progressively worse since December. That coincides with our poor run of form.

The state of pitches in the past has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the state of pitches today. People expect better. That pitch is a shambles. Other teams see able to play better on it than us lately. It is one of the worst I have ever seen in this day and age.

Should it not give us home advantage, as we should be used to it and deploy tactics to manage it?


Think you have missed my point. I think the players are fed up with it. People say ‘it’s the same for both teams’. Yes it is, but we play on it more often. I suspect that is affecting the players.

Fair point I think they should try and turn it to an advantage but get the fed up bit. Let’s hope it is a good playing surface Wednesday.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby Percy plunkett » February 21st, 2021, 4:40 pm

The excuses were Sheehan and Labs were suspended.Josh has has three and Labs has been back for two yet,no improvement in performance,in fact both have been shite,why is this?
no avatar
User

mike wilks

Location

Bishop's Cleeve

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Forest Green

Postby mike wilks » February 21st, 2021, 4:44 pm

That was absolute garbage, end of.......
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OLDSTER, Stan A. Einstein, SULLY34

Powered by phpBB ®